Playing Music through USB into Car Stero

Last Updated:

1. smokeygb

smokeygb Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All

I have a Ministry of sound radio and it has a usb port.
    I have pluged in the phone via the USB port and started to press buttons to see if this works.
    Sometimes it did play music from my phone and most other times it said 'Error'.
    Is there a way to so it play's all the time when connecting ?

I Don't want to play through a 3.5 jack as USB also charges your phone while playing your music.
    Regards

Smokey

Advertisement
  2. Scary

Scary Well-Known Member

The Ministry of Sound radio is a DAB set isn't it?

The USB port on it will either be for charging it up or updating the software, I really don't think it would be used as an audio input even if your phone was outputting audio via the USB port

3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

With setting the USB connecting mode of your phone to "Disk drive" you should able to use your phone like a USB stick with the radio.

Harry

smokeygb likes this.
  4. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

This works on my pioneer but takes quite a long time to connect and some times the stereo gives up before the phone has finished mounting the USB. I found the trick was to plug in but leave on radio for a few seconds until the usb has mounted then switch to USB and voila.

It you can't get it to work there is probably nothing to stop you charging from the USB while playing through the 3.5 jack.

smokeygb likes this.
  5. smokeygb

smokeygb Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers all i'll give leaving the radio a try and let it mount before trying.