• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Playing Phone's movies on my HDTV through USB

Still no news on the TV Out cable we want but I just bought a Samsung BlueRay player that has a USB port and I was able to plug my Incredible into it and play videos, music, and pictures off my phone on my HDTV! Of course, I still want the TV Out cable, since most places I go won't have a USB port, but this is pretty cool, all the same.

how did the picture look for the movie, could you tell it was off of a phone? I am not expecting blu ray quality, but it would be nice....

The avi file played normal TV-like quality. But the mp4 file was all blown up and very grainy. I did not play with the settings on the BR player though to see if I could fix that or play it at a smaller aspect ratio.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones