• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Playing video in browser no longer working properly

MrStromberg

Lurker
Jan 21, 2011
I can't play video in any web browser suddenly. Tried the built in browser, Dolphin, Opera etc, same problem: video starts then freezes one frame. When skipping ahead video freezes at another frame. Even after downloading video files the same problem occurs. Even playing files that are on the SD card that used to play now won't play. I haven't updated the phone or done anything else.

some help please

all the best

Oh I forgot to add, the audio still works even tho the video is frozen.

Have you only tried on one network? Like just your home wireless network or you talking over 3g?

Have you tried from a website like youtube and you get the same results? You get video for 1 second...then it stops and audio continues?

If that is the case...I would probably suggest downloading SEUS and installing 2.1 from scratch.

Sony Ericsson - Support - Softwaredownloads - Detailed - Updateservice - Xperia? X10

Just do a backup of your contacts (sync them) first....and reinstall Android 2.1.

Upvote 0
Ya I'm having the same issue. It seems to work for a little after a battery pull or a fast reboot on the phone but really doesnt work any other time. I've been trying to just deal with it but I'm thinking I'm going to do a factory wipe reload orig software through SEUS and see if that helps any. If anyone has anyother ideas I'd love to hear them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones