Playing video shot from iPhone

Last Updated:

1. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife sent me a video that was shot from her iPhone 3GS. The file extension is .mov, and according to AT&T, the Captivate can play .mov files (Answer Center | AT&T).

The file plays fine on my computer (Quicktime), but it won't play on my Captivate. It doesn't show up at all in 'Video Player', and when I try to open it from 'My Files', it says "No applications can perform this action."

Advertisement
  2. scorpiodsu

scorpiodsu Active Member

I believe video files from the iPhone have to be converted to play on our device. Unless someone knows of an app or something I believe this is true. When I got mine and synced it with my iTune library, none of the vids would sync because of the file format. I converted them to avi files and was good to go.

3. beertha

beertha Active Member

Should be able to play .mov but have you tried renaming the file .mp4? I know it doesnt sound like a good solution but Ive renamed .mov files to .mp4 for my Samsung Tv to play them. Give it a shot.

4. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That almost worked. I was able to play the video, but there was no audio. I guess I'll need to convert it. You guys know of any good, free converters?