Playing videos on the ThriveSupport

Last Updated: 2011-08-19 07:27:41
  1. egas

egas New Member

One of the reasons I got a tablet was to watch videos when on the road and it ability to play 720p content. That was the first thing I tried to do when I got my Thrive last night, but for some reason it is unable to play my MKVs.

Is there something I am not getting? Please help.

Advertisement
  2. quickett

quickett New Member

I believe videos have to be in MP4 to play with any android device.
  3. egas

egas New Member

Thanks quicktt! Any recommendations on whati can use to convert my mkv to mp4?
  4. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member

Handbrake. Takes a little time but does the job!
  5. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Archos 70 can playe MKV. I read somewhere else that you can use mvideo player app to play heavy MKVs.
  6. egas

egas New Member

7. Bethshaya

Bethshaya New Member

i once met such problem, i downloaded a moboplayer for my thrive, but it only can play some mkv videos and with poor quality. finally, i take some money to buy a video tool, which is named Fox Real video converter, with it, i convert mkvs to h.264 mp4, this format can be played well
  8. Zenstrive

Try QQplayer. Able to play some insanely encoded videos.
  9. Janet55

Janet55 Active Member

Have you tired BuzzPlayer/VitalPlayer? Which can play MKV video format well.
    besides, I have aneesoft to be a complement. :p
  10. Tremmy

Tremmy New Member

Rockplay seems to be meeting all of my video needs. Though I just picked it up yesterday. Haven't had time to try it with every format in my collection, but so far it's played what the stock apps wouldn't
  11. Zenstrive

I have problems with Rockplayer last year unable to play videos normally able to be played by my Archos 70 default video player. I dunno if they have improved it or not.
  12. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

An upcoming update should increase playback support natively with the tablet's included player (DIVX and XVID for sure). I'm doubtful about MKV, at least with this upcoming update.
  13. Zenstrive

luckyAlyssa, that link shows mostly the conversion process. I hate doing that :p