• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playing wireless music through my home stereo

Here is a workaround, get yourself one of those Bluetooth headphones that is basically a Bluetooth module for which you can use your own 3.5mm headphones. Pair the device with your phone, then attach a cable with from the BT module to the aux input of your stereo. this can be done with either 3.5mm to rca or using adapters. This way the music that the BT module receives, is being output to the "heaphones" attached to it, which in this case, is your stereo. Voila.......

here is a quick google search result.... there are many other products to do this btw......:D

IOGEAR Stereo Bluetooth Headphone Kit - iPod Accessory Reviews by Mobile Tech Review

Upvote 0
can somebody please explain the solutoin above- "how to set up your PC through your home hi fi, you can use your phone and GMote to remotely control the tunes...pretty cool"

Or, does anybody know of a bluetooth adapter that will play read link the music from my phone to my home stereo? would think this would be simple but i haven't seen a product that does this for a home stereo...

Upvote 0
Is there something I can buy that will let me play music from my Droid on my home stereo? Maybe some sort of bluetooth or wifi adapter with rca jacks in them.

When I'm not using it in my car, I just use my Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone to connect to my stereo. No RCA jacks needed, just tune the stereo to a pre-selected frequency, make sure the Cruiser is connected to my cellphone and play pretty much anything I want from my phone to the stereo.

Jabra CRUISER - Bluetooth

Upvote 0
can somebody please explain the solutoin above- "how to set up your PC through your home hi fi, you can use your phone and GMote to remotely control the tunes...pretty cool"

What he means is, have a computer or laptop hooked up to your stereo system. DOwnload GMote to your phone and you can control all the media from there. So you arent technically streaming music from the phone nto your stereo, but controling the stereo wirelessly. I would also recommend Itunes plus "Remote for Itunes".

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones