Playing Xvid videosGeneral

1. captin caveman

captin caveman Well-Known Member

Just upgraded to the S4 from my S2 , just wondering how to play Xvid videos (downloaded from "you know where" ;).

Iv popped in a 64GB SD card and want to load it up with movies.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I would guess that either (or both) MX Player or Mobo Player would be able to play them, both of which are in the Play Store.
  3. captin caveman

tried MX will give mobo a go now
  4. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

MX or VLC will do the job nicely.
  5. captin caveman

nope neither will -_-
  6. captin caveman

getting a bit miffed now , even converted it to MP4 and no luck
  7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I KNOW that both MX and Mobo will play MP4's, check your conversion.
  8. captin caveman

Well this is just the icing on the cake , the bloody file will play on my sons crappy
  9. captin caveman

Thats 2 different converters iv used now , (Format Factory and Any Video Converter) both to MP4 and neither would play , even with MX player
  10. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

I put new torrent files weekly. Mostly TV shows, latest episodes of sitcoms, etc...
    They play without any problem using the stock player. In fact, now that I think about it, not once a video fail to run.
  11. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Anything I "acquire" plays without conversion. I just copy it to the SD card and off I go with the stock player, same as SebaKL
  12. captin caveman

well im at my wits end with it all , tryed every thing now for almost 2 days. I even rooted my phone so I could mount my SD as mass storage as thought it may have been MTP's fault. I'm out of ideas now.
  13. captin caveman

oh FFS seems it was my SD card , popped in my old 8GB card, put the film on it and hey presto, any ideas why it doesent like my 64GB card ?? it says HC class 10 on it ???
  14. captin caveman

Formatted my 64GB one and now all is well...........................thats 2 days of my life im never gonna get back lol
  15. captin caveman

ok so in another twist , after trying to put another film on it turns out I cant transfer via usb cable , I must take out my micro sd and pop it in a card reader and do it that way. Even tho music is ok , films it seems is a no no WTF !
  16. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Could happen in few cases. If the file is large and stored on external drive. Moving it from drive to drive via PC, especially larger files, can time out.
    Either of the storage is not fast enough.
    The SD card could simply be too slow or faulty, incapable of processing large files. I have ridiculously expensive, top range sandisk extreme pro, which cost me like 150$, but I can move few DVD quality AVIs. faster than on my 1TB external hard drive.

I would strongly recommend testing another card, or use smaller one, like 32gb. They seem to be less problematic.
  17. captin caveman

Still having troubles , one film plays , another crashes after 5 mins and one wont play at all now , back to square one, ps all this is on another 32GB card :(
  18. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

I just went through 8 xvid video samples and all of them played just fine in the stock video player, 1 of them would not stream however and needed to be downloaded fully but it still played. :confused:

Clearly the S4 stock video app supports xvid, so as your now aware the problem is not the video player.

What microsd card are you using? name and model number please.