• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Playlist Editor

Mr Heeed

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Ok,

I just upgraded my phone from an iphone 3G S to the Samsung Galaxy S2, so far I love the hardware and I'm getting used to Andriod, some ups, some downs.

The big spoiler for me so far is the fact that I cant find a music player app which will allow me to create/edit playlists on the phone.
(I use Double Twist to sync with itunes, which imports playlists but doesnt allow creating/editing on the move)
I do a bit of DJing and used to work on my sets by moving songs about in playlists while I commute to and from work. The lack of a playlist editor is a big source of frustration to me as it seems baffling that this need isnt being catered for.

Does anyone know of an app I've missed or am I going to have to shell out for a seperate mp3 player?

The default music player that came with my SGS2 seems to allow re-ordering of on-the-fly playlists without any problems. I just press <menu> then there is an option to re-order playlist.

Maybe you have a different default app??

My main complaint is when you add a new song to the playlist, it seems to add it to the top of the list, rather than the bottom as you would expect. So if your list is:

song 1
song 2
song 3

and you are currently playing the list and are on song 3, if I add another song I would expect it to become song 4, and play next. Instead it becomes song 1 and all the others move down the list. To get it to the right place I have to do the re-ordering thing as noted above. Quite annoying if the list is bigger than about 5 songs.

Have I missed something here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones