Playlists and mp3 with special chars, how to?

Last Updated:

1. Phantom1275

Phantom1275 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm creating playlists with a prompt command (dir /b /on > playlist.m3u) in my computer, and then I transfer the playlist file to my Desire.

The thing is: some of my mp3 have special chars on the filename (e.g. (Beyonc

Advertisement
  2. puppet

puppet New Member

same problem here, very annoying lol
    worked around the problem by having the playlists as folders
    and deleting the 'album name' information from every song
    then go to albums on mobile and it shows your playlists (when there is no album detail for the song it sets the album as the folder that its in)
    after updating to Android 2.3 this doesn't work anymore, in albums it shows the folders but 100s of the same album and only one song in each

3. puppet

puppet New Member

just found a better work-around!
    import your m3u playlist into iTunes, then right click it and export. it changes the special characters to question marks or something which android seems to like
    don't forget to find & replace to remove the directories which iTunes adds to the m3u list
    i.e.: open the file in notepad and instead of "C:\Users\Music\Folder\song.mp3" you will need to change this when copying to android as the music will be in a different directory. paste the m3u file in the folder that contains the music folders and have just "Folder\song.mp3"