• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Playlists/sd Card

I Got a new sd card for my new OPTIMUS f3. I created a playlist with the label "Rock". After downloading several songs and moving them to the playlist they all get deleted from the new playlist after a restart or power off. The downloads stay in my player, they just get deleted from the new play list. I have the player that is pre installed with the OPTIMUS f3. Any suggestions of why this happens and how I can fix it? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

thank you for the information and I will try those players but I did figure out what was wrong. I had to hit "details" after long pressing each song title and then edit "genre" within the details. Simply placing a song in a playlist would not work. Thank you so much for taking your time to answer. I am looking for a new players so I will try the ones you suggested.

Upvote 0
thank you for the information and I will try those players but I did figure out what was wrong. I had to hit "details" after long pressing each song title and then edit "genre" within the details. Simply placing a song in a playlist would not work. Thank you so much for taking your time to answer. I am looking for a new players so I will try the ones you suggested.
That's actully rather odd. All you're doing is changing the metadata for the song, playlists SHOULD work fine I'll fool around and see if I can duplicate your issue.

Upvote 0
If you lose your tracks on your playlists so you have empty ones, is due to the fact that the sdcard was disconnected for a while. When this happens, the media scanner can not find the music on the sdcard and so updates the media database, ie removes the music details. The existing playlists contain keys to the tracks but these are now invalid. The safest way to preserve your playlists is to export them as m3u as these will hold the full path and are unaffected by the media scanning.

Upvote 0
AHHH, that makes more sense. I thought you meant you were having issues with the .m3u's used to make and read playlists. There are quite a few music players that can sort by genre.
Thanks for the info on Rocket music player. Love it. Its so hard to find good apps and by the time you find the right one you usually have to go to file manager and delete a ton of trash files left from apps that leave thumbnail pics behind. So thank you. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones