Plays music fine but how do I "STOP" it?Support

Last Updated:

1. NorthRiding

NorthRiding Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have been trying for a while now to "stop" my music playing.

With the "standard" "music" I can play all the tracks I have imported, see all the tracks, albums, artists and play,pause,shuffle,replay etc BUT I CAN'T FIND OUT HOW TO "STOP" the player.

Even if I exit the player/library, it still keeps playing.

I downloaded PowerAmp to see if that was any better and I can't stop that either. It still keeps playing......................

Have had to force stop the application by going to settings/Applications/Running Applications/ Stop.
    It's the same with or without earphones, when I remove the earphones the music "plays" on the speaker.

Surely there must be a "Stop" somewhere???????????????????

2. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

Push the pause button, then return to the home screen :D

JakeP0500 and NorthRiding like this.
  3. NorthRiding

NorthRiding Member

Thanks Andrew........................the question seems so stupid now...................
    just thought that the "process" would still be running ------------
    just because I "exited" from it, I guessed it would still be running and using up CPU and Battery etc.
    First time I have ever seen a music player without a "stop" but very grateful that you have enlightened me.........................Thanks a bunch:D
  4. jajones20

jajones20 Member

What's the Pause button??? I'm using the Music app in Android 4.0.
  5. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Nah, Android isnt Windows, dont worry about it running in the background, it'll just be kept in RAM if nothing else needs the RAM
  6. JakeP0500

JakeP0500 Member

"Box" is also a good app for Android. (5Gb free & if you match the requirements 50Gb!)
  7. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

I have a 50GB Box account, however it does not have a Linux client (ridiculous in this day and age, eh?). Until they sort that out I'm stuck with Dropbox's lovely client and tight space :p
  8. JakeP0500

JakeP0500 Member

Fair enough. ;)