playstation 3 tetheringSupport

Last Updated:

1. kraypuck91

kraypuck91 New Member This Topic's Starter

OK so as we all know 2.2 gives us the option to use the phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. My question is can I use my phones AP to use PlayStation network and play online games. Waiting for the update myself to find out but very interested in this

Advertisement
  2. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member

Depends on how strong your 3g is and what type of games you play. At first I thought it wasn't possible but after doing a little research it seems like you can.

Also depending on what type of games you play the data that it chews up varies as well. So if you don't have the unlimited data plan, I wouldn't even bother trying.

3. Jirv311

Jirv311 Active Member

It should definitely connect because it's an AP at that point. Whether or not you'd actually be able to have a decent enough connection to play any game online is a whole nother story.

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

i would try it out for you, well xbox live, but im not in a 3g area so it wouldnt be any help

5. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

and you can bet that the version we get will not have hot spot/tether installed as ATT thinks it should get a premium for using the data we pay for any other way that they think is good.

6. RavenFox

RavenFox VIP Member VIP Member

Is there a reason you cannot use good ol broadband? Online gaming on a console demands more than what 3G can give you for smooth gameplay. You ping time is going to be outrageous.

7. JeanLucPicard47

JeanLucPicard47 Member

Using my brothers Droid X.
    Have little problems playing BF2.

8. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

While you might be able to make it work, I'd imaging the network latency (lag/ping) would make it virtually useless for online play.

9. ScorpioCrawler

ScorpioCrawler Member

I was able to play COD black ops using the mobile ap on my ps3 last night. Started lagging a bit after 45 min of playtime, had 4 bars on the phone and COD rated the connection at 2