please answer awake time question once and for all...

Last Updated:

1. lukuswest

lukuswest Member This Topic's Starter

First off, love this phone!

Before the 1.56 update, battery life sucked, but awake time was around 20-39%.

After update, battery life is noticably better, but awake time is never under 100%.

I did a factory reset and it went down to 85%, but is back up to 100%.

So, should I just ignore the awake issue since battery life has improved or should I take it back for a new hand set?

I can go about 8 hours with moderate use and its about 70-80% battery life.

Advertisement
  2. civEX

civEX Member

I'm in the same boat you are. Also, can you exchange the hero for another new hero for the awake problem? Will there be a restocking fee? (I'm still under my 30 day trial) Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

3. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member

My honest opinion:

If the battery life has improved, and you are happy with the phone, who cares what the "awake" time says.

Just pretend that there is a bug in the time meter that is incorrectly saying the phone is awake 100% of the time.....hahah, has anyone ever thought that to be a possibility :)

4. kassdog

kassdog Well-Known Member

I don't even know what wake up time or care to find out. I have always said if I'm happy with how my phone runs why should I care what my settings say.

5. lukuswest

CivEx: i am om the thirty day trial too . I bought mine from bestbuy and i exchanged a phone a few years ago and there was no fee.

To the rest: i was figuring that ignoring the problem may be the solution.

Where is your battery after 8 hours of small to moderate use? some people report goimg 2 days on a single charge and i can make it maybe 16 hours. I have bt, nav shut off.

6. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member

I've thought and stated the same thing. I truly believe that people trying to fix this thing are causing more harm than good. Who's to say that what their trying to fix is actually broken? I've actually had days where my phone has not slept and have gotten the same battery life out of it.

To each his own though.

7. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

Just wondering, do you charge your phone via USB or do you charge it via an outlet? If you charge it with an USB then it will keep the phone awake while it is attached to it even though the screen turns off

8. phone*guy

phone*guy Well-Known Member

I've done the update, factory resets...Did all the "work arounds" before the update and my phone has been at 100% awake time since the day I got it. I will say that the battery life seems a LITTLE better since the update but nothing to jump up and down about. I go 4 to 6 hours of moderate use before its dead...Used to go 1 or 2 days with a Blackberry under the same conditions.

9. lukuswest

I charge it on the wall with the "awake turned off".

10. lukuswest

11. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Mine is at 25% all the time. I have no idea what that means, but I am scared to change anything lol

12. wcolon7

wcolon7 Member

I am hoping they are working on fixing this, I really do not want to turn in my phone and get another one with the same problem.

13. ggoldfingerd

ggoldfingerd Active Member

I did a hard reset after the update because I wasn't getting less than 100% wake time. My awake time went down to 15%, but only lasted two days. I have a few programs installed, but most were already installed. The programs I have installed are

Handcent Sms
    Docs to Go
    GPS Status
    Google Voice
    Spare Parts
    Robo Defense Free
    Barcode Scanner
    Facebook

I am not sure if one of these programs is causing the drain. I will try and uninstall all my programs soon to determine if an app is causing the issue. Spare parts doesn't help because it will show partial wake time, but the times don't match up to awake time. It seems like Spare Parts needs the phone to sleep first, then it will list apps that cause wake time.

14. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

1) I had to do a factory restore to get mine under 100%
    2) task killer was keeping my phone awake...so i deleted it...you'll need to do a restore after
    3) After restoring, i did not lose my contacts.
    4) Gmail starting keeping my phone awake for some reason and was killing my battery. I deleted all gmail and cleared out the app.