Please answer!!!

Last Updated:

1. jesuscalle

jesuscalle Member This Topic's Starter

I am using my brothers upgrade tomorrow to get the X... if i go to the verizon store without his phone can verizon reactivate his phone after transferring the X to my line or do they need his phone there to reactivate it?

Advertisement
  2. mitchellmyler

mitchellmyler Well-Known Member

nope just do it online at vzw.com

3. jesuscalle

he will have his phone at work with him all day.. do i need the phone with me to reactivate it online?

4. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

You'll need the ESN/MEID. I just reactivated my EnVTouch online. Ugh, gotta live with that piece for a day and a half. :(

5. jesuscalle

thats what im using now lol.. i hate that phone lol.. if i just get the number form the back of the phone before he goes to work will i be able to activate it when i get home from the store?

6. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

I didn't HATE the phone but since I've been using the Incredible for 2.5 months going back to that is like going back to a dinosaur phone. OMG, is it a brick!

Yep, just write down the MEID and you'll be set. Took only a few mins.

7. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member

From the phone dial *228, option 3. From there you can program the phone yourself. It will tell you what info you need. You should just have to enter the phone # that needs to be on the phone and enter the last 4 of the social I believe.

I'm kinda confused though. If you use his upgrade and then move the phone to your line and then put his back the way it was there should be no issue as long as you move everything around first before programing your new phone. I do this all the time and don't normally have to do anything with the old phone, but if you do, refer back to what I said above

8. jesuscalle

its not that i hate the phone itself... but this is my replacement phone because my original one dropped calls, shut off, didnt send messages.. and now this one has the same problems and the screen glitches and freezes so its gotten worse for me lol.. but while it worked i liked it.. thanks for your help!!

9. ovenman

ovenman Active Member

oh my god! The horror! Lol

10. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

:p You don't even know! It's only been reactivated for 30 mins and I'm getting the sweats and about to have a panic attack. What if customer care doesn't send my X out overnight? I might have to go a whole weekend with that brick!!!:eek:

11. Fountainhead

Fountainhead Member

noob question: where is the ESN/MEID number located

12. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

Under the battery.

13. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

*228 usually works for me, but for some reason it didn't work tonight. After I entered the last 4 of my SSN, it said I was being transferred to customer service. And since they're closed, I needed to activate online. So the OP should definitely try *228 first.

14. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member

Well I've never tried it after I get off work, so I wouldn't know what it says after hours lol. Kinda strange that there would be a cut off time since its all automated?? Are you SURE you punched in the right numbers, mistakes happen lol

15. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

Yep, did it twice and same thing. No biggie doing it online, took all of 3 mins. :D

16. mancow

mancow Well-Known Member

OK, just so I'm clear on this...

I just upgraded the wife's line to the X from a regular droid but I want to place it on my line. I currenly have the DINC on my line.

When it shows up can I activate it on my line myself in place of my INC using the above listed procedures or do I need to take it to a store?

Sorry for the dumb questions but it's late, I'm tired and I'm confused. :confused: :rolleyes: