• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PLEASE....big time help needed ASAP!!

sghere

Nov 7, 2009
IL
First off...NEVER NEVER NEVER screw around with your phone the night before surgery! /ugh

OK....Here's what I did...and I have NO idea how to get it Root back.

I followed the directions found here Back to stock the easy way

I downloaded the nandroid backup they suggested, (made a backup of my phone!!!) and did the recovery selecting their nandroid image.

In the directions they stated to check Misc and Recovery, however I wasn't sure if they meant to check JUST misc and recovery or add them....so I just selected them and blanked everything else out.

I now have a non-rooted phone...that all the apps crash. I ended up doing the format/recovery, but still shows I'm running Bugless Beast v.09 but non rooted and I have no CLUE how to get the phone rooted again.

I have downloaded the little update.zip file that puts the ninja (SU) icon on your phone, but it doesn't do anything, and I can't remove it.

Everytime I reboot the phone by holding the power button and X at the same time I get the standard /!\ where you have to hold the camera button and up volume button...but there's no restore/backup option.

So that's where I'm at.

If anyone is on and could help me out...I would greatly appreciate it. I have surgery in 12 hours...and will be out of commission for 2-3 days....but don't want to worry about a broken phone.

Thanks in advance!!
Shayne

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones