Please contact HTC and Verizon with problems....General

Last Updated:

1. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK....I have had all of my txt messages (even locked ones) delete on their own twice since 2.2 update and numerous small problems since the November OTA update. I have found numerous posts and replies on this great site with the same problems. I called HTC and Verizon about the txt deleting issue...HTC said I was the first one to call with the issue and Verizon said I was the second one to call with this issue even though I have seen probably over 100 people on here with the same issue. If anyone has any problems I ask you to please call HTC and Verizon. The more calls and info they get the better the chance that they can find a solution to the problems.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Chances are that even if 1000 people are calling in about it, unless HTC and/or Verizon choose to acknowledge the issue, every person will be told that they haven't heard about the issue in the past.

I can almost guarantee that if you wait a couple days and call back with a different account/email they will tell you the same thing, that they haven't heard of the problem before.

3. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

never experienced anything vanishing from the phone yet. i create backups routinely though so this type of thing would only cause minimal problems

4. Danny11394

Danny11394 Member

This has been happening to me since I first bought my phone, before the November OTA. It's a Droid Incredible bug, because it doesn't happen on my friend's Droid X. It happens when you accumulate a lot of texts, and you access your messages through the notification window a certain way I believe

5. poncharello

poncharello Member

Can you tell me which backup app you are using. Much appreciated.

6. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

just doing nandriod backups and Titanium both weekly

7. poncharello

poncharello Member

Thanks for the info.

8. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

no problems here, either. yes, I backup my sms w/ an app, but even still. how about you delete some old / unnecessary messages??

9. Los88

Los88 Active Member

Are you using an anti virus app? That happened to me when I first got my phone in april, I did some reading they said it was the AV app. I got rid of it and problem solved for me at least.