1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Create An App to Add Google Contacts to Gmail

Last Updated:

1. Scooterman1

Scooterman1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It would be great is someone could create an App to allow the selection of multiple contacts , or Groups from your Google Contacts Groups to the To, cc, or Bcc in Gmail like the Android Mail App does. I think this is the stock Android Mail App, but possibly and HTC Sense App since I have an EVO.
    In Gmail, you can only start typing a name, or email address to add someone to the To, etc.. It will not give you a list to search, or allow you to select a Group.
    I can't believe Google missed this in Gmail.

Advertisement
  2. roblee37

roblee37 Member

if i need to select a certain group, i group them through people app and allows me to send a message to all of my contacts at once using gmail.. is that what you mean..

3. Scooterman1

Scooterman1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Actually, my largest complaint comes when I want to forward emails.
    The external group email programs work great for sending but do nothing for forwarding without cut and paste from Gmail.
    The Android mail App works great for Gmail accounts and lets you see and select groups but it don't support push like the Gmail app does. A seperate email app that would support groups from your Google Contacts and supports push would also be great.

I did find an App that is pretty good. It's called MailDroid. It's in Beta right now, but on the Android Market. The support is fantastic!!!

4. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

I've been beating my head against a wall for weeks trying figure out how to add one or more of my contacts to an email. Unless I'm replying to an email and don't need to add additional people to the reply, I can't figure out a way to do it - so frustrating! Seems like a long press on the To field should take you to your contacts list at minimum.

And yes, I could start from my contacts list when I'm starting a new email conversation, but my brain doesn't work like that. It says "I'm sending an email, go to the gmail app" not "I need to email Bob, so go to Bob's contact entry".

5. dshepherd

dshepherd New Member

New to Android and this is the first thing that has really baffled me. If there is no option for selecting contacts from a list I might have to move to the included mail app. Boo