• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no Samsung official announcement made yet...
Only rumours and speculation.
The media now is only interested about the "Ace 3 that will run JB 4.2".

Where do that leave the Ace 2 ???
The MB4 was a stable beta release.
And the MC8 was made on purpose for TMN Portugal.

TMN never sold the phone before.
And now they sell this phone with JB out of the box.
But "Optimus Portugal" didn't received any firmware update.

The latest firmware released by Samsung was released to Algeria and it was 2.3.6 GB.
Why new GB firmware when we are all waiting for JB ???

Is Samsung more focused about selling new phones than updating old phones ?
Though some S2 users have received JB updates.

All I know is that all the answers can be obtained from the network carriers.
As it is really down to them to put pressure on Samsung to release the firmware.

Upvote 0
If Sammobile are saying that it will be released soon, they have a good reputation from what i hear, then im gona expect and look forward to its release via Kies.
Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Ace 2 has arrived | SamMobile

@stash68.
Here a interesting link that you should read from Sammobile.
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/01...s-ii-and-note-in-march-galaxy-ace-2-in-april/
Or another example:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...axy-Note-S-II-in-March-Ace-2-in-April_id39393
... if (speculation) is the name of this game?
Sammobile reported speculation from a unreliable source.
As that report was based and misinterpret from the release of the TMN Portugal "MC8".

I will believe in it when I read on the official Samsung website about it.
http://m.samsung.com/uk/function/espsearch/supportSearchResult_mobile?keywords=GT-I8160

Upvote 0
Hey Smokey,
Im abit confused as to your post, are you saying Samsung in the ukraine are unreliable because the update didnt happen when they reported it would? It does say on the site "dates are tentative and may move without notice"
Full translation form Samsung, Ukriane.

"Dated updated versions of the Android OS for smartphones and tablets Samsung

We offer you information on the dates of the next version of the Android OS update for Samsung smartphones and tablets

* Dates are tentative and may move without notice

GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 to Jelly Bean 22.05.2013;

GT-I9070 Galaxy S Advance to Jelly Bean 24.05.2013;

Information on updating the models, which were not included in the list, at the moment not available.
Close"
Or are you saying because its Samsung Ukraine, that doesnt mean it will be available in the uk?
TBH,Its kinda late and im tired as a mofo so im probably reading it all wrong.but i look forward to your response and will pop back in a day or so and we can carry on this discussion.
Be Lucky

Upvote 0
qeduvytu.jpg
Stash.
You call it a discussion.
I have no interest in carrying on.

Save your discussion appetite for something worth to be discussed.

I hope there will be an update eventually.

:( Samsung Ukraine have been reporting this kind of scrap since last summer (August 2012) and with different dates every time... That is a sad fact.

:banghead: Samsung UK is being very silent about it...
-Maybe they know better ?
-Maybe they are not interested in being speculative?
-Maybe they are not as intelligent as Samsung Ukraine ???!
Who knows?

:cool: I am more interested in reading it from Samsung UK.

:rolleyes: I need to see it to believe in it!!!

I was tired of bogus reports for the last now 8 months so ...
I am already running the JB 4.1.2 and I love it.
I do my bits as an Android developer and I'm only waiting for the update, hoping that Samsung can address the memory management bug that everyone is having on JB.
That is included the Galaxy S3 users.

Apart from that...
Couldn't care less about it.

Be lucky.
Here some pictures of JB on the GT-I8160 ace 2.

8y7uhuhe.jpg

4a4edeqe.jpg

Upvote 0
OK Smokey, Its all good.
To every one else, i find it strange that the Ukraine dept of Samsung are willing to share details, albeit the update has moved from April to end of may,yet Samsung every else is saying Jack.
Does it seem likely that the ace 2 will get JB in the Ukraine and no where else? I really dont think so, but hey im no expert.
I refuse to let the situation bother me, but id love to have JB on my newly bought Ace 2. And as i said earlier "im gona expect and look forward to the JB update" but wont be going all mental if it turns out to be all hot air.

Upvote 0
Hi there!

We have a few rules round here, one of which is
Please treat other members with respect. These forums were put together for Android fans to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you.
These are discussion forums, not Fight Club so please, no more bashing others. People come to AF to share with and learn from each other in our uniquely friendly atmosphere - let's keep it that way. :)

Upvote 0
Orange also told me it will get the JB update when I bought mine. Ace 2 was on Samsung's list of phones getting JB. Updates always seem to be late.

They'll be more concerned about updating their flagship phones rather than our mid range one. Nothing we can do but wait (unless, of course, we root).

Upvote 0

Thx for the update bro.

I knew it, If you believe, it will come.

P.S.
What is NFC? Googled it but didnt quite get it.
Nevermind, I found it.
If you didnt know, it stands for Near Field Communications.
You can now share contacts, websites, applications, maps, directions and YouTube™ videos easily with friends. Simply hold two NFC-enabled Android™ phones close to each other and touch to beam and share.

Upvote 0
Software updates.
Also i know you dont use Kies, my advice is to install it for this update though,
IMO wifi is better, probably faster and a less chance of screwing up than OTA.

I am confused.

Why do I need to use Kies when I can download through Wi-Fi anyway?

Also what is Kies anyway as I don't see it in my list of applications?

Upvote 0
Ok, I see this Kies via Wi-Fi when I go to wireless and networks, I see it under applications but it has no data showing, is this because I haven't used it before?

Also do I just click on the Kies in the wireless and networks section to activate it?

I have since tried connecting with it, and it refreshed with my wi-fi hub, but nothing else happened, is this normal because there are no updates yet?

Also is Kies purely for system updates?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones