• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Delete

A launcher is basically a new UI, it just overlays the current launcher in place of the one you download.

There isn't really a "best" or "greatest" launcher because everyone has a personal opinion on them.

I will give you a few so you can get started and check them out:

Nova Launcher

Apex Launcher

Go Launcher EX

You will be able to keep your wallpapers through this change, it might just change them, but you can always change them back :)

Reactions: lookinin
Upvote 0
Launcher Pro is also one worth checking out.

I used Launcher Pro for a looooong time then switched to Go Launcher. I ran that for a loooooong time now I'm on Nova with no plans on switching any time soon.

Nova's the best, hands down... especially if you're kinda new to the prospect of changing your user interface (UI). It's very user friendly.

To keep your photo wallpaper... after the nova install, just long press on a section of the homescreen not occupied by an app and select wallpaper.

Upvote 0
Nova's the best, hands down... especially if you're kinda new to the prospect of changing your user interface (UI). It's very user friendly.

To keep your photo wallpaper... after the nova install, just long press on a section of the homescreen not occupied by an app and select wallpaper.

Apex and Nova are both great, but I find Apex more fluid on my rooted razr running 4.0.4

Upvote 0
How's Nova on letting the user make folders on the home screen?

Works great. Just drag and drop any app onto any other app you want to include in the new folder and a new folder will automatically be created including both apps. Then simply drag and drop any other app onto the new folder to have that app included also. Long press on the folder to edit it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones