Please don't kill me but...

Last Updated:

1. kellysa111

kellysa111 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

whenever I put my phone on "silent," its not suppose to make a sound. I have my media volume all the way down. When I get a call, it doesn't ring or vibrate or anything, but when I get a text, it rings. I searched through all the threads about the apps for the volume, but I want to know which one is the best free one. I really don't want a repeat of what happened in my class :D

Oh yes...sorry for posting yet another one of these threads.

Advertisement
  2. candymancan21

candymancan21 Member

I use the app called volume control. Try that one

3. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

i use a widget i got from the market called SilentMode OnOff. It does Sound on, vibrate all only or silent all...works great and no issues with it for me. there's also a widget i think called ringer volume widget or something that works the exact same way, just it's pretty ugly looking.

4. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

You're in class. Turn off the phone.

5. kellysa111

kellysa111 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Our professor lets us have our phones on and out. According to her, as long as you're not bothering anyone, then you can use it.

I'll see which ones work.

6. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

Lol, I got bit by the silent mode on my hero on Monday. I have 2.1 installed and I had set it to silent mode before I headed into court, where phones are supposed to be turned off. I don't like turning mine off though, ever, because I set my laptop up at home to detect motion and email me if it sees anything. This makes for a great little burglar alarm just in case you know. Well I am sitting in court talking to the judge when my phone starts playing SpongeBob Squarepants singing The Best Day Ever since I have an alarm set to go off when my son's bus is on it's way home from school. Lol, the judge kind of rolled his eyes then laughed as I apologized over and over again while turning off my phone. Could have been worse but I think he laughed because of the song.

7. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

How do you do this? I thought that this would be effective for security.

8. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

+1 from a fellow prof

9. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

it's easy, if you have Windows just download yawcam. it is free webcam software that let's you do everything from motion detection to setting up streaming video and still images on a webpage that updates as you tell it to.

with the motion detection you set what happens during an event. it will upload pictures to a website, email you, save picture local and even play a sound if you wanted to scare off an intruder.

edit: so I just turn it on, have my email settings in it, and then lock windows. even if someone breaks in and steals the laptop the pictures are in my email. besides, if I get the email and saw someone there I could call the cops and tell them what's up at that moment.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

V425 likes this.