• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please don't kill me but...

kellysa111

May 2, 2010
whenever I put my phone on "silent," its not suppose to make a sound. I have my media volume all the way down. When I get a call, it doesn't ring or vibrate or anything, but when I get a text, it rings. I searched through all the threads about the apps for the volume, but I want to know which one is the best free one. I really don't want a repeat of what happened in my class :D

Oh yes...sorry for posting yet another one of these threads.

Lol, I got bit by the silent mode on my hero on Monday. I have 2.1 installed and I had set it to silent mode before I headed into court, where phones are supposed to be turned off. I don't like turning mine off though, ever, because I set my laptop up at home to detect motion and email me if it sees anything. This makes for a great little burglar alarm just in case you know. Well I am sitting in court talking to the judge when my phone starts playing SpongeBob Squarepants singing The Best Day Ever since I have an alarm set to go off when my son's bus is on it's way home from school. Lol, the judge kind of rolled his eyes then laughed as I apologized over and over again while turning off my phone. Could have been worse but I think he laughed because of the song.

Upvote 0
it's easy, if you have Windows just download yawcam. it is free webcam software that let's you do everything from motion detection to setting up streaming video and still images on a webpage that updates as you tell it to.

with the motion detection you set what happens during an event. it will upload pictures to a website, email you, save picture local and even play a sound if you wanted to scare off an intruder.

edit: so I just turn it on, have my email settings in it, and then lock windows. even if someone breaks in and steals the laptop the pictures are in my email. besides, if I get the email and saw someone there I could call the cops and tell them what's up at that moment.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Reactions: V425
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones