Please Help, 2.1 Install Problem

Last Updated:

1. Alyianna

Alyianna Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am hoping someone here can help me, or offer me some suggestions.

I finally got the 2.1 update this morning. I hit install and everything appeared to be going well. I took the phone off the charger, and came to work.

I don

Advertisement
  2. droidx

droidx Well-Known Member

uhhh when u hit update did you look at it while the progress completed? i updated mine, sat on my computer for a second, came back, it rebooted and i went back to playing my music, you shouldnt have lost anything, my screens were exactly like i left them when i ran the update, take it to vzw and see what they say, make sure after you up. try following the guide to force the 2.1 update, when you go to the about screen do you have 2.0.1, or 2.1-update1, or can you even get into the phone, try booting to recovery mode, then come back out and try booting the phone, no USB.

also make sure when you boot it, dont have it plugged to usb computer, just ac

3. Alyianna

Alyianna Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I cannot even get into the phone... only thing I can do is battery pull... when I put the battery back in and power on, it just goes through the same cycle of Droid text, Droid Eye, over and over.

Could I battery pull then boot into recovery? Could you please tell me how to do this? (I am at work and shouldn't be on the internet so it's hard for me to search LOL)

4. droidx

droidx Well-Known Member

naw u need battery to do recovery, and since its not custom sprecovery, you cant do much, thats the only thing i could guess would throw the phone out of its BF, uhhhhh i never had this, my guess is try talking to vzw after work and saying u need a new phone cause ur took a crap, i hope you remember the apps you had, and tell them to copy over any pics you have, or get a microsd card reader and do it yourself, save some time.

5. Droidian

Droidian Member

mines doing the same thing ever since the update! it went to the phone once and i think i remember seeing something about an error with one of the apps but i was half asleep when i told it to do the update and stuff so i don't really remember. anyone else know what to do?

6. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

to boot into recovery hold down the X key on the physical keyboard while its booting up. You'll get to a screen that has a phone and a '!' on it. Hold the Volume Up key and press the Camera button, you will now be in recovery.
    What you will do from here is anyone's guess.

Droidian likes this.
  7. Droidian

Droidian Member

I tried to get into recovery and it did not work. still the same thing back and forth from the DROID to the EYE. I called verizon and after 2 mins he basically told me to take it in and have the phone replaced! which is BS. Its a ****ing update its not supposed to fry the damn phone!

8. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

you speak the truth.

9. ammami

ammami New Member

I went through this all day yesterday. Update put my phone in an endless red-eyed boot loop. My husband took it to the Verizon store, where they tried to tell him we'd get a "refurb". "But, your update broke the phone. It's not like I dropped it in my dog's water dish."

The short version, because my day was painful enough without having to put you through the details. Call Verizon tech support and have them walk you through a factory reset. It will not affect your SD card. I did it, phone works fine now, and successfully updated to 2.1, and I didn't lose my last six months worth of financial budgets in my EasyMoney app. Crisis averted.