Please help a nooob!!!

Last Updated:

1. celsis

celsis Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys. I have bought this week the HTC Wildfire and am over the moon with the device except one thing.

I cant get it to sync with my laptop. I installed both version 2.. and the latest one from the HTC website and nada...zip...nothing doing!!!

Followed the instructions, put the USB DeBug feature on, opened Sync and it still tells me on the handset that it cat find the sync program on the lappy!

Chances are Im either really stupid:rolleyes::rolleyes:....or there is a service running somewhere on my lappy that wont let the two talk to one another. Driving me mad, I got an empty 8gb card there to put some tunes onto and I cant get em to talk! Please help guys!!!!

Celsis

Advertisement
  2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

are you setting USB to mass storage mode? to do so slide down the notification pane (where your reception and stuff is) and select USB connection while plugged into your PC, then select USB mass storage mode, or mount (cant remember which one for your phone)

EDIT: should pop up as a removable device this way

3. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

EDIT: I just said the same thing as the post above me.

4. celsis

Yes guys, I can connect it via double twist and it's set to mount as drive. I have tried everything. ....I think!

5. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

ohh your trying to use double twist, im not too sure what to do with that, I thought you were just trying to set it like a flash drive for drag and drop transfers. im not too sure with that but I can take a look when I get home seem if theres anything that stands out for me :)

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

welcome! hope it works out!

8. celsis