• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help,attempted to root M8 but failed at the last step

Hi,

I've tried to root my HTC M8 and i got down to the last step of

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

It gave me the successful message on my cmd window. however, there was no flash window option for me on my phone. It just showing me the fastboot usb screen.

Please help.

thank you so much

Hi,

I've tried to root my HTC M8 and i got down to the last step of

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

It gave me the successful message on my cmd window. however, there was no flash window option for me on my phone. It just showing me the fastboot usb screen.

Please help.

thank you so much

Welcome to the forums!!! :D

Quick question, what carrier are you on?

If we know what carrier you are on it may help us narrow down the issue. :)

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
as the others have stated,sounds like you simply installed superuser(or supersu) from the play store,wich does not install the matching binary required for the play store app to funtion.

you will need to boot,or install a recovery,and use that recovery to flash a superuser package :)

Upvote 0
Go here:
[2014.06.30] SuperSU v2.01 - xda-developers

Scroll down to the Downloads area in the first post where you see:
CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP: SuperSU Download

Follow the link show, and download the version shown there.

Place that file on the root of your SD card or internal memory. Boot to recovery, Wipe select cache and dalvik cache swipe to wpe, Install select the SU file, swipe to install. Reboot.

Profit!

Any problems, let us know! :)

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Go here:
[2014.06.30] SuperSU v2.01 - xda-developers

Scroll down to the Downloads area in the first post where you see:
CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP: SuperSU Download

Follow the link show, and download the version shown there.

Place that file on the root of your SD card or internal memory. Boot to recovery, Wipe select cache and dalvik cache swipe to wpe, Install select the SU file, swipe to install. Reboot.

Profit!

Any problems, let us know! :)

i followed the directions exactly and installed the updated supersu but now my htc one m8 keeps popping up "unfortunately, att2go stopped working"and it wont let me do anything in the phone other than get into settings and aswer calls

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones