Please help b4 I samsh my phone to bits :-SSupport

Last Updated:

1. smig44

smig44 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to android / Samsung Galaxy, used to be an iPhone user.
    I got my Galaxy S2 2 days ago, and it looks like it was sold by carphone warehouse before (pre used).
    The problem I've got is that every minute or so, even when I'm using the phone, a flash advertisement for carphone warehouse just fills my screen, and its really winding me up, and try as I may, I can't find out how to turn the damn thing off so it never bothers me again :-(.
    If anyone could help I'd be eternally grateful.
    Thanks in advance

2. Nelviticus

Nelviticus Well-Known Member

Take it back!
  3. GalaxyTDM

GalaxyTDM Well-Known Member

Try a factory reset first before you go too far worth personalising the phone, this will clear all data on the phone but should get rod of the ad too.
    Go to
    Menu-Settings-Privacy-Factory data reset.
  4. smig44

smig44 New Member

Thanks for the replies, I think I've got rid of it. I deleted most of the apps from the phone that were deletable, and I think one called ScreenSaver was the problem one, its not come back since getting rid of that App :)
  5. scotty001

scotty001 Well-Known Member

if you bought the phone as new and not second hand I Personally would have taken it back to them and demanded the provide me with a NEW and unused phone that has not been used as a display model buy a retailer thathasnt been knocked bumped, dropped, and thumbed by thousands of people already. then ask why they gave you a second hand unit in the first place.
  6. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

You can also use an app called addons detector to find out what app is causing the push notifications. (set the filter).