Please help: Battery draining all of a suddenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. JackButler

JackButler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Eris aroudn the end of Novemeber or early Dec. Conditioned the battery as I followed on here. Now, the past two full charges this weekend haven't lasted at all. Battery draining super fast. I easily get 1 1/2-2 days on full charge, minimal phone useage/text/basic net. Full charge this AM, two texts, maybe 5 minutes total internet and now late afternoon re dlining and low battery level coming on.
    Defective, shot, or something else?
    I was getting very low awake time, now I see it is around 50%. I constantly use advanced task killer.
    Anyone else expereince this phenom, or any suggestions? GPS isn't even enabled.
    Thanks for any tthoughts.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Download spare parts from the market and check the Partial Awake Time in the battery history section and see what is keeping your phone awake. Or if you have downloaded something recently uninstall and see if that fixes it.
    I won't comment on the task killer.

3. JackButler

JackButler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks.
    FWIW, I did a battery pull (never have before) and rebooted, batteyr life then went from red to half full, weird.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yeah. Never had that but read about it. My guess would be something draining the battery hard drops voltage and shows red once you power off the battery stabilizes and temp comes down then voltage comes up a little and shows green again on the meter. Just my guess though.

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

the battery meter has never been reliable on the Eris no matter what software version you have.

6. kar0la420

kar0la420 Well-Known Member

I'm actually noticing the same thing happening with my phone. I haven't downloaded anything lately, the awake time is not high. I do use a task killer. Last night I cleaned up the cache from the apps (from settings), helped a little, but I've noticed the battery is not lasting as long as before. Something is causing it to drain at a faster rate...can't figure out what.

7. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Mine seems to get better and better. I do not use a task killer. Maybe try killing that and see what happens.

8. cdeen

cdeen Active Member

I am having the same problem with the battery. I bought the phone in November, did the conditioning and have had decent battery life. Then all of a sudden the battery life has decreased significantly. I'm not doing anything different as far as usage and I have not installed or downloaded anything recently.

Any suggestions? Please keep it simple, I am not fluent in the tech talk. Thanks for your help!

9. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Download the app SpareParts from the market. If you are not real comfortable messing with settings, then don't mess with any of the ones in the app. There is a part of the app that will show your usage though. It will let you see what is using your battery the most.