1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Please help - Calendar Pad Pro

Last Updated:

1. benzgrl

benzgrl New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I'm a newb, owner of a Droid for about 2 months now.

I'm very frustrated w/ the Calendar Pad Pro I installed. How do I get the events I enter to show up?! Is there something I'm doing wrong?

My whole purpose in getting this app was because I thought I could see my events as it was advertised.

Does this have something to do w/ Google calendar? Because I don't use Google calendar. I just want to use one calendar that I can access my events and keep track of appointments and such. What I want seems simple enough, so I'm very frustrated.

Please help! Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I did notice that the events that are on the Google Calendar showed up, but the events on the local calendar did not. I decided to switch everything over to the Google Calendar and every event showed up then. One benefit, when I upgrade phones, the Google Calendar easily transfers to the new phone along with my contacts.

benzgrl likes this.
  3. benzgrl

benzgrl New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, thanks very much. I guess I have to use the Google Calendar. :rolleyes: I hate when I'm forced to use something in order to do something else. It's one of the reasons I opted for the Droid over the iPhone. Example, I learned I had to go thru itunes if I wanted to merely tranfer my music files (from my own PC) to the iphone, these weren't even files I had bought thru iTunes! I guess I just don't like the control. It's like everything is google-oriented w/ the Droid now.

Remember the old AOL when it was installed on your computer, it like took over! Ok, I'm venting, sorry, but thanks.

4. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration. Android is the most flexible system available, but it is far from perfect. We are pretty much forced to have sync to Google to have a fully functioning phone. It is due to Google's vision of migrating towards "Cloud" computing. Good in many ways, bad in a few ways.

5. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

In the default calendar app there is a setting to show which calendars to show. It probably only shows the Google calendar and not the "local" one or the one that syncs with Outlook or something. Calendar Pad (Pro) only shows the calendars that the default calendar app is set to show. Take a look there.

6. nicracine

nicracine Well-Known Member

Ahem. You do know that Android is Google's smartphone OS?

Of course, it is Google-oriented. It is made by Google.

All your basic services are liked to Google's cloud services : Gmail, Contact and Calendar. Even Gtask has a few apps. If you don't want to use those clouds services... don't. Just consider them as a backup feature. If something happens to your phone. All you have to do is get another one and sync. It does not get any simpler.

Nicolas Racine

7. mskei

mskei New Member

How do you change to color for the individual calendar items for instance us holidays i want to make it pink not blue.

8. jellyhead

jellyhead Active Member

You must change the colors on a PC using the Google Calendar. Once you setup the calendars/colors on your PC you can add events to the selected calendars and they will show up with the correct colors. Occasionally I've had issues where one or more calendars won't display in Calendar Pad Pro. This can usually be corrected by either opening the stock android calendar and hiding the selected calender and saving then enabling again or using the accounts and sync option in the main settings. I've had better luck using the first option.

9. Meloribs

Meloribs Member

Sorry to barge in... :eek:

Yesterday I upgraded to Froyo, everything seems to be working fine, except...

When I create an event on Calendar Pad Pro, the "day" box in the week view becomes black, and I cannot read the names of the events...

It is fine in month view and if I delete the event again...

Thanks,