Please help cant boot

Last Updated:

1. iggy2iggy

iggy2iggy Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i have baked snacks 1.7 and i wanted to flash cm6 and i backed up every thing. i was using clockwork but i dicided to use rm recovery insted so i installed that. now i wiped everything and i could not get cm6 to work so i i went to recuvery and it said it could not open it now my phone is on a boot loop. please help.

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Weird. I just flashed cm6.1 a few days ago with amon ra with no probs. Not sure how it happened but it looks like you lost your recovery image! Have you tried reinstalling amon ra since this started?

3. iggy2iggy

iggy2iggy Member This Topic's Starter

i cant it wont let me boot into anything. it just keeps rebooting. i can still go to recovery but thats it. can i just add a new rom to the sd card and try to flash it??

4. wrapkgb

Your first post made it sound lkke you could even get into recovery... since you can get into recovery your in good shape. You have a few options..

1. Flash a nandroid so you can atleast boot your phone up. (You did make a nand back up prior to flashing cm correct? )

2. Try and reflash cm6.1 and see if it works the second time around

3. Or if you have another rom on your sd card you can flash that.

5. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

From your original post it sounds like you did back up, but did you use clockwork to do a nandroid, then switch to amon ra? I don't think you can do a nandroid restore with amon ra with a nandroid backup from clockwork. It's not that you can't restore it; you just need to flash clockwork back first. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

6. wrapkgb

^^^ you are correct! ^^^

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

from what i recall you are correct. it is my understanding that a nandroid backup created in clockwork can only be restored in clockwork and a nandroid created in ra can only be restored in ra

from the sounds of it he needs to grab the clockwork zip from unrevoked or xda and put that on his sd card, flash that and then flash his nandroid

it feels like I am missing a step in there somewhere though that has to do with getting rid of ra

8. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

If your trying to switch roms then just reflash the new rom you want to try. If you don't like it then you need to worry about flashing cm recovery so you can nandroid back to your old one.

9. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member