• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help.... can't install drivers

beaniebaby

Lurker
Nov 5, 2010
I have a Samsung Galaxy Vibrant, and all I want to do is upload my photos that I've taken...

I plug in the phone in the USB, and it tries to install the drivers..... But each time... FAILED.....

What am I doing wrong? I've only had the phone a week, I am ready to take it back :(

Welcome to Android Forums, beaniebaby.

Sorry to see you're having driver installation failures. That can occur when there is a conflict between the old and new drivers.

I've had success with that by going into Device Manager on my computer and uninstalling the old drivers prior to attempting to run the new driver installation program. Reboot your computer right after uninstalling the old drivers.

Reactions: beaniebaby
Upvote 0
I am going to try your suggestion now.

I went to back to the store and returned the phone.... Once I told them about the dropped calls and the USB drivers not working, they said that the phone might have been one from the "bad batch"..

So I came home expecting it to be all better, and its not :( They said something about Kies?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones