Please help! Deleted Google Talk!

Last Updated:

1. Adamson89

Adamson89 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I rooted my xperia x10 mini pro and used titanium to get rid of all the apps that were annoying me that I would never use, Google Talk was one of these. However, after doing this none of my apps download in market place, I later found that the app market and various other services depend on Google Talk.

I searched and found the apk files for Google talk, however, when I went to install them I was greeted with the message 'Google.talk.apk could not be installed on this phone'. I tried resetting my phone to factory settings but that didn't work as google talk did not install as I must have permanently deleted it.

Please please please could someone help me out here? There isn't much point in having an android phone that can't access the android market, I know I'm an idiot for deleting things I wasn't sure of but can someone please help?

UPDATE: Okay I'm in even more of a pickle than I initially thought, as I reset my phone I no longer have a file manager, and of course I can't download a file manager as android market doesn't work. Is there any way round this at all? I'm really in a jam here, is there a way round this at all? Any help at all will be much appreciated.

SOLVED: Just had to use the PC companion to wipe my phone of the software it had

Advertisement
    MsPwettie likes this.
  2. Hi =]

Hi =] New Member

Hi Adam, im in exactly the same situation as you and it's really really stressing me out. =(

"SOLVED: Just had to use the PC companion to wipe my phone of the software it had" what pc companion are you referring to?

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

You can download PC Companion from SE website, it gives you Media Go, Support Zone (where you can run updates/repairs) Manual, Sync and File Manager.

4. BroodLOrd

BroodLOrd New Member

Hello adam! I downloaded the PC Companion but when I try to repair, it says you already have the latest firmware :s. Any help?

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If you try Sony Ericsson Update Service and select repair option when prompted. This will wipe your phone tho so ensure you have your contacts synced or saved elsewhere.

What is it that you are trying to do with the phone?

6. muleskinner93

muleskinner93 Member

hi all. i did this with my samsung captivate. any thoughts? that companioin thing i think is only for SE peeps