Please Help! Do I Have Another Bad Handset??

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

I noticed last night in my dark bedroom that my bottom four function keys are still slightly lit even though the screen is totally off. You can't see the illumination in normal room light or daylight but at night they are defiantly glowing and if you look from the screen to under the function keys you can see spots of light from all four LEDs. No I don't remember if my handset #1 did this or not or if this is common but I'm thinking not because although dim these lights are still using power and draining the battery somewhat. So what I'm asking is is this normal and has anyone else noticed this issue? Do I need to get it swapped out AGAIN?

Advertisement
  2. BetterMost

I just got off the phone with HTC he says they are aware of the "issue" and some handsets do it and some don't and they are not sure why. How nice! :rolleyes: Looks like im going back to Sprint for another exchange.

3. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Mine does that as well. All four buttons on the bottom very dim in the dark with screen off. I am holding off untill HTC starts coming up with fixes so I am not running to the store every other week.

4. BetterMost

Oh I agree BUT after the first 30 days you will not get a new phone as a replacement, you will get a used refurbished one.

5. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

My point proven exactly here.

6. BetterMost

And your point is what Jordus? That some people have lower keys that don't shut off? Again call THC they will tell you its an issue. That Sprint isnt going to give you a brand new replacement handset after the first 30 days? Please call Sprint and ask the question yourself.

7. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

You have not made ONE thread that isnt sensationalist in nature, trying to rile people up and cause turmoil. It's painfully easy to see when one searches all threads youve created. Hell, half your threda start with the word "WOW!!".

Get a life, dude.

8. BetterMost

WoW!

9. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Thank you Jordus. You are absutely correct. It is pathetic.

10. BetterMost

When the handset is plugged to the charger the bottom illumination goes completely out, as soon as I unplug the charger you see the bottom keys come on in a very dim lit form.

11. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

bettermost go troll somewhere else like an apple forum where you might fit in

12. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Seems like that is a stupid way to handle it on Sprint's part. You get people running to the store like posessed people every other day trying to find the perfect handset within the 30 day window. It really makes no sense and means more returns and work for Sprint. I have never understood this policy and it has never made sense to me.

Having said all of that, I am not necessarily scared of getting a refurb'd phone. That generally means everything is brought back to new spec's but can't be sold as new. I have done the refub route with computers to hard drives and been happy.