Please Help Galaxy S5Support

Last Updated:

1. kitt1993

kitt1993 Member

Hello, everyone,

I just got the Galaxy S5 from Sprint. The problem I am having is that it won't connect to my PC or laptop. It says MTP failed. I have tried every "fix" I found on YouTube and Google. I downloaded Kies 3 and then upgraded to their new version with no help. I even had my IT guy login to my PC and try on Friday for several hours with out any success. I am pretty sure the problem is on the computer side as I went to the local Sprint store and they plugged my phone into their computer with out an issues.

Has any one had this problem before?

My pc is SSD Win 7 64bit
    and the Laptop is XP 32BIT.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello kitt:)
    I moved your thread to the S5 forums where others could help;)

Have you tried a different cord or port on your computer or laptop?
    Perhaps examine the connection on the cord itself...maybe it is damaged?
  3. kitt1993

kitt1993 Member

Many, many times. I cant begin to tell you guys how many things I have tried.

Bryan
  4. c0rpse

c0rpse Member

Is the driver loaded under the device manager in Windows 7? Or is there a popup saying the device driver was not installed when connecting the device?
  5. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Well-Known Member

Delete the device driver and try again type devicemanager in start box or look devices and printers then find phone anuninstall restart pc the reconnect, if that fails uninstall again and download the driver from samsung.

Kies is rubbish useas a last resort
    smith058 likes this.
  6. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

I'd also suggest downloading USBDeview and deleting every instance of the S5 that you can find before plugging it back in. It basically makes the device act like it does the 1st time you plug it into the computer.
    Mikestony likes this.
  7. kitt1993

kitt1993 Member

Just an update. I got a second phone from Sprint. So far so good. It connected right away with out any issues.

Must have been a defective phone.

Bryan
    Mikestony likes this.