Please help - hero problem (uk)

Last Updated:

1. louie33

louie33 Member This Topic's Starter

please can someone help me ????!!!!!!!!

I bought a HTC hero (white, in UK) a few days ago - it worked totally fine........ until today!!!!!!!
    now it switches itself on & off continuously!!! unless i take battery off! ....
    The only way I can rectify the problem is if i take the sim card out altogether , then it seems to stay switched on without a problem !! (no help to me though as i cant use LOL) ..... I have also tried another sim card just incase I had a fault with my sim ...but it does just the same.......:mad:

please can someone try to help me, its a pain having no phone to use

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Did you buy it new, or 2nd hand?

Do you use a task killer?

Did you install any program/change a setting before the problem began?

3. louie33

hi, I bought from someone else (I received it 5 days ago) they said had for a couple of days but wasnt what they wanted.
    I did install task killer but wasnt too sure how to use it , as this android is all new to me..i'm used to my trusty samsungs! LOL
    I had only installed a few applications (but these were installed before yesterday) ...layar, beebplayer, aim,taskiller, handcent sms.
    the phone was working fine for 1st 4 days. I was also getting a message in the notification bar saying 'sim card full' - but i have deleted all text messages.

Since I first posted my query I have tried switching the phone on without a sim in & it has stayed on for the last hour without going off.

4. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Hard reset the phone, format your SD card, if it still dies it.. phone needs a warrenty claim

louie33 likes this.
  5. louie33

ok , ill try that thank you

6. louie33

should we install & use a task killer app ?

7. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Simple answer is that if you have to ask the question, then: no, dont install one.

Occasionally it can be useful to be able to manually kill tasks, but automatic task killers often cause more problems than they puport to solve - as youve discovered.

I use Taskpanel X occasionally (usually just after boot to kill stuff like footprints etc), but i never have it auto kill anything, and i've set up an extensive ignore list for it. Unless/until you know what each task you're killing does, i recommend you dont use one.

8. louie33

great , thank you .
    I have only has this phone for just over a week now (and as you can see above, I had problems!!!)
    i'm still new to android so not too sure what things i should be downloading...

I have been up and running again for 3 days now without any more problems. All i have downloaded so far is beeb player, aim, and handcent sms.

I had task killer downloaded before the re-boot but i havent re-installed since..

9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Check my guide :p