Please help: Hotmail not working on my droid? :(General

Last Updated:

1. dcdjin

dcdjin New Member This Topic's Starter

hi, my hotmail account is not working properly with my new new droid eris? In short, I get a 'force close' message nearly every time i check my inbox. I'd prefer not to forward my hotmail to gmail. Does anyone have any other advice? It's my one big complaint with this otherwise great phone. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks, Dcdjin

Advertisement
  2. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I'm using the k9 email app for my hotmail account. It warned me when I set it up that it probably wouldn't work, but I did it anyway and it has been working just fine. It didn't work so well with the stock app though.

3. mrcrusha829

mrcrusha829 Active Member

Hotmail working fine here... you may have to hard reset and set everything back up again.

4. Blue_Fedora

Blue_Fedora Active Member

Working fine here too. I have four different hotmail accounts set up on my Eris with no problems. You could either try the hard-reset as mrcrusha829 stated above or delete your hotmail account from your eris and re-add it.

HTH :)

5. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

Do you have it set up right? I added mine as a POP mail and not IMAP.

My hotmail account settings are: POP server = pop3.live.com, security type enabled ssl, server port 995. SMTP server = smtp.live.com, secuirty type enabled TLS, Server port 587. I believe when I initially set this up the settings were added automatically when i entered a hotmail address as a new account.

To get to my account settings I open Mail then select hotmail then hit Menu/More/Settings.

6. dcdjin

Should I leave the check box "Login required" checked?

7. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

yes

8. dcdjin

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I've been knocked out with the flu.
    ...So my hotmail is still getting a Force Close quite often. Especially if it hasn't been used for awhile. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have not tried a hard reset yet. I'll have to search to figure out how to do that. I imagine i'll have to reinstall and reconfigure things. Any other suggestions before i start that annoying process? Many thanks.

9. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

fix: get a gmail :p

10. E.two.one

E.two.one Well-Known Member

if you are still trying to figure it out, try this link. it works on 2.1, not sure about 1.5 (i assume it will.) scroll down to the bottom of the page for specific instructions on setting up hotmail.
    How to set up your POP3 and Hotmail email accounts on an Android or Google Nexus Phone | Articles & FAQs

11. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

off topic but, I have a student email thats set up thru hotmail. How could I forward that to my gmail so I get push notification? Because as I understand it the stock mail app polls for email right?