• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help! How can I delete pics from Camera app but NOT from Gallery app?

The camera app probably only looks in the DCIM folder on your phone while the gallery app scans all your folders for images. If you use a file manager or plug in your phone to a PC and move them out of DCIM and into another folder, then the phone app won't see them, but the gallery will.
I just checked and my DCIM folder is empty so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I just want them off my camera app but saved in gallery.

Upvote 0
I think we'll make a Android expert out if you yet. Another little hint. If you ever have any type of media that you do not wish to see or hear, place them in a folder. Inside the folder, create a file
and name it ".nomedia" without the quotes. This tells the media scanner to exclude those items from your libraries.
Hmm...interesting! I like this idea...BUT...what do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? I'm kinda confused...if you want to hear something you just click on "Play"...if you don't wish to hear it, you don't click it...right? (I know I'm missing something lol)

Upvote 0
Some people may have photos that they do not want to be displayed in the gallery app. Also, this is how cache and thumbnails operate. Sometimes there are large stores of photos on the device that are obscured due to this.
Can't you just move the photos that you don't want to be displayed in Gallery...out of Gallery and into a different folder?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones