• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help HTC Facebook and Freind Stream

Old Member

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
Cincinnati
My wife's Incredible stopped connecting to 3G. After about an hour on the phone with Verizon's tech support they realized it was their fault and the phone needed to be hard reset on their network. BINGO! It worked. Unfortunately, in the trouble shooting process they asked me to do a hard reset of the phone.

My problem came as I tried to set up her Facebook account. When trying to put in the log in information it comes up with a message: Warning! The service is currently unavailable. Do you and to try again? Yes No

No matter how many times you push yes, the error comes back. I've tried another hard reset, still the same issue.

If I use MY Facebook account info on her phone, it sets up perfectly. I tried changing her email and password, but the same error comes through. i don't know what else to do and Verizon tech support is at a loss as well. Lets see if the collective knowledge of this forum can help solve a problem that tech support can't.

does the internet work on the phone at all or no? if it does then what i would say is make another account with FB (fake one) and try to log in as that if that does not work its VZW if it does then its FB. also did you do a backup of the phone or did you just wipe and started over. if you did a restore from a back up it might be messing the phone up. this is what i would do.

do a factory rest
try to set up your facebook
if it dont work download the updated from market place
try again
report back.

Upvote 0
The internet works on WiFi AND over 3G now. I can log into her account with the Facebook app from her phone. I can log into her account through the internet browser from her phone. I can log into her account through my laptop. It's ONLY when I try to log in through HTC Facebook app or add an account there that it gives that error message.

Very frustrating.

Upvote 0
could fb be blocking? I had to "authorize" my dinc when I switched from the eris for whatever reason. dont even remember where i did it to be perfectly honest, just remember doing it.

I think this is the most likely reason. I'm not sure how to get in touch with Facebook to get them to check out what's going on on their end. The ONLY thing that makes me think this is not true is the Facebook app lets her log in. It is ONLY the HTC Facebook app that gives that issue.

Upvote 0
My Friendstream stopped working two weeks ago. Force closes before it ever starts. I called HTC earlier this week and the tech I talked to did not even have a clue what Friendstream was. No fix other than recommended hard re set.

A friend of mine bought an Incredible after he played with mine. He was going to get an I4 but I convinced him otherwise. Anyway, his started doing that Force Close thing a couple of days ago.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
My Firend Stream wouldn't work (no recent updates and then force close if i opened the app) - it happened yesterday... STRAIGHT after twitter did an update! no coincidence i think! (oddly enough i discovered that if I posted anything via friendstram it DID post it on FB!). In the end i had to delete Twitter totally (no big loss) and clear the cache and reset the data in FB, FB for HTC Sense, and Friendstream. Switch the phone off, and reboot... and hey presto it works! (don't sress about 'losing' data and account data from FB and it resyncs it all once you have been back on freindstream for a few minutes. dmaned annoying though it was! grrrr ha ha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones