please help...im hating the browser txt wrappingSupport

Last Updated:

1. mamps52

mamps52 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way i can stop this?.... bytheway what im talking about is the txt wrapping when you pinch to zoom, its soo annoying because the page jiggs to the left or right as it changes the text orientation. personally i prefer the iphone method. Is there any browsers out there that i can download that dont have this orientation?

any help greatly appreciated : )

Advertisement
  2. Red_Avatar

Red_Avatar Well-Known Member

You can turn it off easily in options - personally, I like it for news sites. Zooming in and out to make text fit right the way it should can be fiddly. It's mainly just getting used to.

3. mamps52

How can i change it in options?,

Thankyou

4. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I couldn't find it in the options...

I think it's one of the browsers best features, how do you mean it jiggs about, it just moves like it would have to, to resize, how is it different from the iPhone?

5. Casanunda

Casanunda Well-Known Member

Erm, is it just me, or am I the only one whose phone doesn't wrap the text when browsing if I use pinch to zoom? The only time it wraps on mine is if I zoom by double tapping...

6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Mine wraps all the time, whether I pinch or tap. It wraps as it formats the page after you remove your fingers from the screen. - it doesn't wrap on-the-fly. The only exception is on pages where there's fixed text or images, etc. But all phones have to deal with that.

7. furious duck

furious duck Well-Known Member

So when you zoom in you'd prefer it to give you left and right scroll bars? Don't think that's an option I'm afraid. Personally, reflow is what I like most about the browser! Sorry. :(

8. JShep

JShep New Member

My phone does not automatically wrap text unless I double-tap the screen or use the zoom buttons. Pinch zooming does not auto-wrap or auto-format.

9. flashsam

flashsam Well-Known Member

If you have an Orange branded phone then the text wrapping does not work when you pinch, only when you double tap.
    I don't know why though!

Casanunda likes this.
  10. Casanunda

Casanunda Well-Known Member

Lol bloody Orange. One more reason we should be debranding then...

11. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Ah, so that's why...the carrier changed it.
    :eek:

12. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Why on earth would they do something so dumb? Auto wrapping is one of the best things about mobile browsing on the Desire. I hated not having this on Symbian and couldn't do without it now.

mamps52 - I use Dolphin HD browser (free in the market) and it reformats pages really nicely. You could give that one a try instead of stock. :)

13. Afront

Afront Well-Known Member

Agreed, I had that "doesn't wrap text properly" problem with the stock browser but Dolphin HD sorts it out (and has a heap of other neat features beside).

14. mamps52

lol i must be the only guy who likes not having text wrapping..... im being fussy for sure and text wrapping is actaully quite neat BUT what annoys me is the fact that my line of sight changes everytime i pinch zoom. the picture or text may only jigg a little to the left or right but personally for me this is annoyying. was initially not a problem but now 5/6 months on it bigs me. say if you are on a heavily loaded page for example play.com and all you want to do is pinch zoom into a certain section of the page, not the text, it will never take u to where u want to be.... be it a few jiggs to theleft or right....

15. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

I've found if you hold your finger where you want to focus as you release the pinch it focuses there. It's a bit fiddly but works fine once you're used to it (at least for me).

16. mamps52

Guess what?.. ive just.noticed that this is a bit bigger of a problem....try going on a mobile site for example facebook mobile(not touch)... and go to someone's picture...youll see as youpinch in you will lose the right half of the picture. Also i have tried it on other websites made for mobile and almost all have this problem with pictures

17. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you mean. I can go to m.facebook.com, pick a photo and pinch-zoom it and then scroll the entire photo.

18. mamps52

Then i must have a faulty phone

19. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

If that's what you want, then double-tap instead on the area you want to zoom and it will center on it and reflow the text. I find it less disorienting than pinch zooming, which I normally just do when I need to magnify something small.

20. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Perhaps the software has gone wonky as I don't have the issue with the picture sliding off the page. I can scroll around the photo just fine. Have you tried a factory reset to wipe the phone clean and see if that fixes it?