Please Help, I'm locked out of my phone!Support

1. JustMoi

JustMoi New Member

I have an LG Optimus V through Virgin Mobile.

I set my password to keep my son out of my phone, but I wasn't paying attention and now I can't get in. Is there any way to get in again? I can't afford to buy a new phone.

Thanks!

An

Advertisement
    :
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

If you enter the wrong password too many times it should prompt you to reset your password.
  3. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

I think you can fix this by signing into your Gmail account and taking it off from there.
  4. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Developer

On password or pattern lock screen there should be a button at the bottom to sign in with google account if you forgot passwork or pattern lock.

If you didn't sign into a google account on your phone or you can't remember your password you can factory reset from recovery as a last resort. Be warned this will lose all your data and phone will be just as it was the first time you turned it on.

Power phone off - Pull battery if you need to

Hold home button, volume down button and power button until you see the silver LG logo. This will get you into recovery.

Use volume buttons to scroll up or down and highlight Factory Data Reset and select it with the home button.

On the next screen you will need to confirm so use volume buttons to select Yes and select it with home button.

After this select reboot and phone will reboot

Phone will be just like it was when you first got it so you will need to set it back up like you had it