• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help im stuck cant boot!

Spidreant

Dec 26, 2014
im gonna try give as much detail as possible,

well it started as just wanting to root my phone which was successful but the problem is when i decided to delete some bloatware on my phone but i didnt do it carefully and i deleted alot of important apps, basically my phone doesnt run very good missing my home page and other main apps, i cant access my options so i cant turn on usb debugging, i thought if i did a factory reset i would get my apps back but just made everything harder, please i dont kno what to do, im having trouble flashing a new rom due to the pc not seeing my phone because the usb option is turned off
i have ADB and fastboot installed on my pc, and i dont have bootloader for my phone, anything i didnt mention just ask and again thank you for your time, i rly dont kno what to do

So - tell us how you rooted and if you installed a custom recovery.

This sort of thing causes panic - don't let it - panic and rushing to follow the first advice is your enemy.

These cases get sorted out more often than not.

Unforgiven - you moving this one?

Spidreant - we're going to move this for you to get you to the best audience. No big deal, it's part of what we do ok.

Welcome to the forums, sorry for the trouble!

Upvote 0
You are here. I left a link in the Applications Forum so you can also find it. On the home page, scroll down to the blue bar whit the label Android Phones. On the right end of there is the link for "See All." In there you can find the device form for the Optimus 3D. Inside of that forum (and all phone forums) is an "All Things Root" subforum where your thread is now.:)

Reactions: Spidreant
Upvote 0
I specialize more in helping with HTC problems - so - I'm not going to get you there - but I can help with the setup for those that will.

So - tell us about the root method you used, a link would be fine, great even.

(That is important for a lot of reasons, and all about what tools you may already have.)

Did you install a custom recovery? Clockwork Mod? TWRP?

What carrier are you on?

Do you know what version you were running before the trouble started?

(These are our standard questions, nothing personal.)

And remember - don't panic.

Don't read anything into response time at any forum on December 26th ok.

Don't panic. ;)

Upvote 0
Also with family, up in Pennsylvania right now. I don't have an optimus 3D and to obtain firmware I need the IMEI/ESN number of the phone (or if someone can find a link of the firmware, that would work). Because of the fact the phone is so old, LG may have removed their download links, they may not have, I wouldn't know till I get an IMEI/ESN number of the phone. Please PM (private message/start a new conversation with me) and send the number. You can find the IMEI/ESN number under where the battery is located. :)

Upvote 0
Also with family, up in Pennsylvania right now. I don't have an optimus 3D and to obtain firmware I need the IMEI/ESN number of the phone (or if someone can find a link of the firmware, that would work). Because of the fact the phone is so old, LG may have removed their download links, they may not have, I wouldn't know till I get an IMEI/ESN number of the phone. Please PM (private message/start a new conversation with me) and send the number. You can find the IMEI/ESN number under where the battery is located. :)

Thanks Sammy.:)

OP, to open a conversation with Sammy, click on his avatar, the picture next to his post, and a black box will show up. Click the "Start Conversation" link. You don't want to post that information publicly as it can allow folks with nefarious intent to do crappy things. Sammy is cool and can help if he can.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones