• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help im stuck cant boot!

Gimcrack3

Lurker
Dec 11, 2013
So - tell us how you rooted and if you installed a custom recovery.

This sort of thing causes panic - don't let it - panic and rushing to follow the first advice is your enemy.

These cases get sorted out more often than not.

Unforgiven - you moving this one?

Spidreant - we're going to move this for you to get you to the best audience. No big deal, it's part of what we do ok.

Welcome to the forums, sorry for the trouble!
Hey Moderator.....why does my nexus 7 (2112) now only juggle coloured balls around. Was a dream before lollypop. The only thing I have found my tablet to do anything is when I press on/off switch and volume at same time then I am shown the robot saying No Instuction but I don't know how to give an instruction...so back to coloured balls. The only thing I did recently was give it a 4 number password to open, which I obviously know. Have I been locked out my own tablet? Now desperate and grasping at straws. Used to tell everyone.....buy Google. Well ho ho the laughs on me.

Hey Moderator.....why does my nexus 7 (2112) now only juggle coloured balls around. Was a dream before lollypop. The only thing I have found my tablet to do anything is when I press on/off switch and volume at same time then I am shown the robot saying No Instuction but I don't know how to give an instruction...so back to coloured balls. The only thing I did recently was give it a 4 number password to open, which I obviously know. Have I been locked out my own tablet? Now desperate and grasping at straws. Used to tell everyone.....buy Google. Well ho ho the laughs on me.

Thanks for your automated thanks....but you have not solved many, many Google Android users' problems.
Hi,
Um, I'm not sure what your beef is with me. I am going to spin these posts into there own thread in the N7 2012 forum. I think you may need to do a Factory Data Reset on your N7 (I did) to get the lollipop update to play nice. You can backup your apps preroot and while erasing everything, have the option to root and be able to restore the preroot backup. Anyway, I'll see you in the N7 forum where we can help get you straightened out.:)

Upvote 0
First, we're just a volunteer community, not part of Google proper.

We don't have and don't pretend to have all of the answers but rely on group experience to solve problems together.

I have over 50k very non-automatic thanks that says that the system, while not perfect, usually works.

So relax and work with us and maybe together we can get you going ok.

Let's start with some basics - are you stock or rooted?

And either way, you could have had a bad update (obviously) but I mean that sometimes, an update will glitch.

I believe that the instruction dialog may be from the stock recovery looking for an update file, often the default action for a bootloader startup (power + volume) but that depends on whether you're rooted, have stock recovery, etc.

Did you get the update via a Google download? If so, can you repeat your steps to do the update?

For the record, many of us know Android generally, some of us specialize in certain devices because we own them. Fair warning, I don't have your tablet and someone else will have to help with the final steps if I can't.

Either way, I do know that the answers to the above questions is where to start.

Having a borked device is frustrating. I know, I've been there. Don't let it get to you and don't panic - those things raise chances of missing a step to get the fix in.

Cheers!

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones