• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Help Installed Kies

MarnieMcGil

Lurker
Mar 18, 2013
I have 4 more days to return this phone, unless I can get the pictures to upload to my PC. I installed Kies - didn't work. Guy at Mall Kiosk said drag it fror My Computer to desktop - not there. Tried sending direct to Picasa from phone - failed.

What the heck do I do now?? The ONLY reason I bought the thing was to use the camera and video, as I have no one to phone. I can use my landline. HELP!!!!!!!!!

I have started this thread for a member by the name of MarnieMcgil . Any help would be appreciated .Thank you .

Marnie
:)

Reactions: Atma
Not only are Samsung drivers fussy, Marnie, as dreadnatty08 said, but there are a few other areas of "fussiness" we should look at. First is the cable. It may sound simple, but I'd say a good 75% of issues with Samsung Phone connectivity are because the phone doesn't like the cable. If you are using the OEM cable, try a different one. Not all micro USB cables are created equal! And make sure that it is seated firmly. You can also try a different USB port on your PC. Sometimes if drivers don't get installed correctly, you can get Windows to reinstall them by simply plugging into a different port.

You can uninstall Kies completely and then reboot your PC and try to install the latest version from Samsungs' website. If All you want to do is copy files, then I'd bag kies completely and just use the phone as a USB storage device. Now, how you do that will depend on the version of Android you're running so if you could let us know that from menu>settings>about phone it would be helpful.

Now, if the phone is frustrating you to no end and you're just not happy, by all means RETURN it. There is no reason whatsoever that you need to unhappy with your device. I would say that the SGS2 is a very nice phone and other phones might have equally frustrating issues, but it's entirley your choice. We're just here to help. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones