Please help it's about root and verizon wireless !!!!

Last Updated:

1. emilnaeri

emilnaeri Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys i have 3 question first i just bought Motorola Droid X, and this is my first android phone. maybe this question sound little bit stupid but can you guys help me out , i have this phone for about 2 days i want to root it but before i do it i want to know is there any way to i do whole system image rom back up from my phone i mean everything , because i was thinking if do root my phone with one click roothing (the new app just released) and when i want to unroot with the same app the phone it won

Advertisement
  2. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

I don't think you should root your phone until you do some reading and know what you are doing with the phone in general. I'd hate to see you brick it.

3. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Just FYI, rooting your device means voiding your warranty. Always smart to unroot before returning for anything.

5. emilnaeri

Then i think if do rooting my phone and if i don't remove any pre-installed original app from phone and i just install new app in to my phone and if i do factory hard reset will my phone back to original out of the box condition ? i mean i all of the root files will be removed ? and my other question is if i use one-click unrooting program and i know some of the rooting file like superuser.apk icon will remain in the phone now is there anyway or with any program i can delete them from my phone ? and my last question lets say if do rooting with one-click program and if i dont remove any original pre-instaled file from my phone and then do unrooting my phone with same one-click program and i know it will remain some rooting file icon like again superuser.apk and after unrooting if i do factory hard-reset will it harm my phone ? and will it remove those rooting icon like superuser.apk (which it remain after unrooting ) ? will my phone turn back to original out of the box condition ? please let me know friend .
    thank you

6. emilnaeri

Then i think if do rooting my phone and if i don't remove any pre-installed original app from phone and i just install new app in to my phone and if i do factory hard reset will my phone back to original out of the box condition ? i mean i all of the root files will be removed ? and my other question is if i use one-click unrooting program and i know some of the rooting file like superuser.apk icon will remain in the phone now is there anyway or with any program i can delete them from my phone ? and my last question lets say if do rooting with one-click program and if i dont remove any original pre-instaled file from my phone and then do unrooting my phone with same one-click program and i know it will remain some rooting file icon like again superuser.apk and after unrooting if i do factory hard-reset will it harm my phone ? and will it remove those rooting icon like superuser.apk (which it remain after unrooting ) ? will my phone turn back to original out of the box condition ? please let me know friend .
    thank you

7. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Coincidently the answer to everyone of your questions is no, although it is possible to do a rw mount and delete files manually if you know how.

8. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

1.) Please don't double post. There's really no reason for it.

2.) A simple factory reset will not remove your root access.

3.) I personally don't recommend using the one-click root or un-root method. Mostly because of what you stated yourself. There are sometimes remnants of root access left on the device if you decide to un-root through the same program.

I prefer to simply do everything manually and take the long way. There isn't any real risk or potential for things going wrong, so long as you follow the directions precisely and don't forget to issue any commands. I guess since rooting by the one-click method and the manual method both have identical results, it doesn't really matter. It's the method you choose to un-root that makes a difference.

Once the Droid X receives the Froyo update and gets 2.2, (should be rather soon) I imagine it won't be very long until it's easy to downgrade back to 2.1. When that happens, you can simply downgrade, then re-upgrade to 2.2 via an OTA update from Verizon and all root-related files, settings, and permissions should be completely erased. This is how I did it on my LG Ally, and I've already re-rooted so that I can enjoy root access until I need to return it. When the time comes to go to Verizon and hand in my Ally for a shiny new Droid, I will repeat this process before going there. This way absolutely everything is back to stock and completely formatted, so I don't have to risk them pushing me away due to technically voiding my warranty. They probably won't notice, let alone care, either way. I guess I would just rather be safe than sorry.

9. Oandroid

Oandroid Active Member

Sorry, original message posted in wrong section.