PLEASE HELP! Itunes and Verizon Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. npaschel

npaschel New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Eris for a couple months now, and intially came on this site and learned how to use doubletwist to import my Itunes music onto my Eris. Recently, this has not worked. Something about having to use droid sync on my computer and telephone. I downloaded HTC Sync onto my computer and cannot figure out for the life of me how to use the thing. It tells me I need to instert my Microsoft Office XP Small Business cd, I do not have this so I cant do that. Please, someone please tell me the easiest way to import my music onto my phone. This is very frustrating. I certainly am not the most intelligent person when it comes to this kind of thing, so if anyone has a solution to my problem, please be sure to include minor details. I really appreciate any input. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure about this issue.. maybe the Eris folks will know! There are a lot of helpful people.

HTC Droid Eris - Android Forums

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :D I'll move your post for you! :) Glad you signed up!

4. Joevarm

Joevarm Active Member

5. Alleycat

Alleycat Well-Known Member

I find it easiest to just use Explorer to copy music onto my Eris. Mount your Eris as a USB storage device. Your iTunes music is stored in:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\

if you're using XP or

C:\Users\%username%\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\

if you're using Windows 7.

I don't know if the Eris will play aac files (m4a), but I doubt it. I know it won't play purchased items from iTunes (m4p) because those are protected using Apple's DRM.

I know it will play mp4 videos.

Hope this helps.

6. Jezi_Buckz

Jezi_Buckz Well-Known Member

I use Sailing Media, it's great. Try it out.