Please help, i've changed some hex code in my HTC Hero by mistake.Support

Last Updated:

1. wysiwygbob

wysiwygbob New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 26, 2010
    ok so i was trying to make a goldcard for the htc hero so i could update it with generic sid. i was using windows xp in vmware because windows 7 had some connectivity issues with the ruu software updater. i followed the guide (Creating a GoldCard - Android @ MoDaCo) exactly and opened up the hex editor and selected extras as suggested, i then selected the physical hard rives, then the removable media (assuming it was the sd card).

i then loaded up the goldcard.img and replaced the lines as instructed in the guide. to my dismay it was the actual phone instead. so i was wondering if anyone has done this goldcard thing before..
    could you please copy and paste the lines of hex for the phone so i could replaced the mismatched hex.. ?

( offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 (including the 00000170 line)

i have made a proper goldcard in the meantime hoping that i would be able to flash the device with some generic firmware to fix it all up, the problem is that its is now recognized as a removable disk instead of the htc due to the changing of the hex code.

thanks in advanced.

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Dec 1, 2009
    Obviously I can't say for sure since I didn't see what you did, but I don't believe you've messed with the phone. Why would the phone show up at all? It's internal memory is not accessible via the USB cable like that, so there's no way windows could have even detected it.

Are you sure it's not just another example of the drivers for the phone being messed up? (Happens to most people).