• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help, I've thoroughly read and still can't figure it out

drybin

Jul 11, 2010
Here's the situation: no matter what i do, i see the moto logo. I boot into recovery, moto logo. I get into bootloader, moto logo. Froyo loads (i can hear the sd card mounting), and there's the moto logo.

I want to flash the sbf file. At first i couldn't even see the phone connected on the rsd lite. I have put the .ini file, and installed the drivers. The one thing idk how to do is to clear the data and cache (thats because i can't see anything other than the moto logo).

After hours of reading and messing around, somehow i got rsd to recognize the phone but it failed to flash, giving me this "Failed Flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super file."

I didn't know what to do, and like an idiot, i disconnected the phone and now i can't even get rsd to recognize/show the device.

Please, please help. Now i kinda regret ever rooting and appying 2.2, and all i want is my good 'ol stock dx with 2.1. Some great people have tried to help and i guess i haven't been very clear. ALL I SEE IS THE MOTO LOGO!!! no matter what i do...

The only idea i had is for someone to literally write out all the step by step actions i have to do on my phone by saying"
1. press home and power button
2. press down on volume rocker
3. press...
...you get the picture.

I've tried doing as much as possible and i still can't figure it out. The best thing might be to put a video up of it so i can visually see someone flashing a phone from the begining with a FAQ area, but i know thats a lot of work.

Thanks so much and i hope to hear from you soon!

After hours of reading and messing around, somehow i got rsd to recognize the phone but it failed to flash, giving me this "Failed Flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super file."

this sounds like you don't have rsd lite 4.7 with the patch installed
here is a link

Reactions: drybin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones