Please Help - Just A Couple Of QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. carrtim1

carrtim1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone

I have just purchased the X10 handset and on a whole I'm really pleased with it. My previous handset was an N97 - rubbish! Anyway, since playing with the phone, could you answer these for me as I'm new to Android and don't really know what I'm doing.

1) On the mentu's, text screen, etc. It has a blue background and white writing. Is there anyway to change this? I have an eye condition and blue isn't the best colour for me to read from. I was looking for something like theme settings but there isn't one.

2) Is there a keyboard application that is like the normal alphanumeric layout on phone keypads ie to get the letter b you press the number 2 twice. I believe the HTC Desire has this option and old Nokia N97 that the feature.

3) I've read on another thread about the ringing volume and earpiece volume being low and turning up the volume to max makes the earpiece sounds quality pop/crackle. I've experienced this too but does anyone know if there is a firmware update out to rectify this?

4) I've also read that Android 2.1 is due out for this handset. Does anyone know when it's out, or if it is already out, where do I download it from?

Many thanks for your time taken to read this and I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Advertisement
  2. blaze_dave

blaze_dave Well-Known Member

Hi man, welcome to the x10, I'm new to it too and will try to help :D

1. On the main menu, press the left button key (the Menu button: it lookslike 4 squares). Then select Wallpaper and I think you can change the background that way. You could also try going into the Settings > About the phone.

2. Not sure, check the Androis Market to donwload apps.

3. Not that I know of. I have synced my phone to Sony Ericsson and it says all my software is up to date.

4. No Android 2.0 isn't ready for an update yet, but it has been said it is happening. Hopefully late this year.

3. carrtim1

carrtim1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi ya

Thanks for the reply. I tried the wallpaper but it doesn't change the background of the bit I want. If you press the left key and select settings, you are presented with a blue screen with all the options available. It's that blue screen I'm ideally after changing. That blue screen seems to sit in the background for everything.

I'm slowly getting there with the sync side of things. I've got my contacts in and now trying to import my outlook calander into Google Calander but it keeps sayings I've exceeded my daily limit for some reason.

Thanks, Tim

4. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

You cant change the theme, just the wallpaper. It will remain blue as hell until the world ends. :)