Please help - just rooted, SDcard directory now says "empty"

Last Updated:

1. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I followed steps 1-3 in the Rooting & Romming for Beginners thread. Everything seemed to go well. I believe I am rooted, and have successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery onto my phone. Was in the process of trying to download a new ROM when I noticed that I kept getting error messages that my download directory didn't exist. Then tried to look into my sdcard directory, and it says "empty." PLEASE HELP.

I knew this was too easy so far... ugh.

Advertisement
  2. Amrov

OK, happened to have another, non-rooted 2.2 Droid sitting next to me. I plugged my sdcard into that one, and *whew* sdcard is NOT empty and looks fine. Plugged it back into my new Droid and -- *whew again* now it reads it. No idea what happened there... I no longer need urgent help, but if anyone knows why this sort of thing happens, may be useful to post.

3. Amrov

And me again. Figured it out -- when I turn on USB storage mode, my sdcard directory shows up as "empty." Is that supposed to happen?

4. Amrov

Moderators, please just delete this stupid thread. Very sorry everyone. I get it now -- when your sdcard is connected to your computer via USB, you can't see the directory on your phone, just through your computer. That way, you can access through just one place. Clearly I am a forum hazard with this dumb thread.

Please delete.