• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help! LG ALLY Won't run any recoveries (no amonra or clockwork)

Hi I'm new to this whole thing but I do have experience flashing other mobile devices in the past. Before I get flamed for this post let me just say that I have been reading possible fixes for this phone for a week straight. I've probably clocked in about 30 hours and I really wanna throw this phone against a wall.So here's the story:

I got my Ally a week ago and rooted it using androot and everything went fine. The phone was rooted could install apps using Astro and everything. The problem is that I also wanna overclock this phone because I've read some pretty cool results. So I know I need to load in Velocity (or at least it's the most recommended), so I used ROM manager to install clockwork, tried to boot into the recovery and the phone just stayed stuck on the LG screen.(yes I checked the box to wipe data, cache and make a backup) After doing more research I find out that there is another recovery made by drellisdee and that it is also in rom manager so I try flashing that recovery and the same thing happens I get stuck on the LG screen. (The only way I can get out of this screen is by battery pulling).

After this didn't work I wiped my SD card in hopes of starting over, but when my phone rebooted suddenly now I have no internet access through verizon(still have wifi). So now my so called smart phone has become nothing more than a phone with wifi. I really need some help here, I've genuinely tried fixing it myself but nothing seems to work.

Here's my phone info:
Model: LG Ally
Firmware Version: 2.1 update1
Baseband Version: VS740MV7.5210.1013
Kernel Version: 2.6.29 lge@android-build #2 (yes this is stock)
Build Number: ERE27
SW Version: VS740ZV8

I really hope I didn't just ruin my phone. :(

Update: Just tried to make a call with my phone and it forwards me to a verizon wireless thing asking me to put in my credit card to make a collect call. Did I just get banned?

Reactions: Cjohn8792
For the 3G\phone call problem, I had that happen to me last week. You need to reactivate the phone. Can't remember the number to dial off hand, but if you call Verizon, the rep can walk you through it. I think it's *228 and then option 1.

With reagrds to the recovery problem, I was having a tough time getting into recovery using ClockWorkMod until someone suggested these steps and now it works everytime. You only have to do step one once.

1.) Open ClockWorkMod and hit the phone's menu button. Choose settings and then put a checkmark in the 'Erase Recovery' option. Close\Exit ClockWorkMod.

2.) Open ClockWorkMod and press on 'Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery' Press 'LG Ally' to Confirm Phone Model. After a few seconds it should say Successfully flashed. Click the OK button.

3.) Press Reboot into Recovery.

Hope it works for you because it does for me.

Upvote 0
Yes it is *228 option one. or dial *22899 to skip the bs. As far as recovery goes, follow what flyinjoe13 said. If that doesnt work then pm me and we should be capable of doing it via fastboot. goodluck!

yes i have been reading up and follow your threads about lg Ally, and I just got one last week, been working on trying to get clockwork recovery to work, but everytime i reboot into recovery i get a little android guy with a triangle and !. I even flashed over armon ra from rom manager and it seems like nothing will work so i can get into recovery to flash a rom. I also got into rom manager and got into the settings and check marked erase recovery so it would erase old recovery when flashing new. I need help getting velocity on my phone. Phone will not boot into recovery at all. I have bricked my phone twice now. And its getting very frustrating. So far you, trident and Drell look like the best people to talk to. can you plz help me. if so can you email me at sjock2006@gmail.com so it goes straight to my phone so i know when you reply.
Plz help
thanks,
JC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones