• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please help - little blue box question mark

Vegasbaby

Jul 23, 2012
I purchased my first only touch screen non-pc device. So, this is very new to me. It is a transformer tf101 with android version 4.0.3. Youtube seems to play fine, but 90% of videos I come across on internet will not play. I just get a little blue box with question mark. ONe such example is a video at abcnews.go.com/business. p.s. I just checked threads with similiar wording suggested by this site and no answer for my device. Thanks.

Question729, it is the video stocks-begin-big-plunge-mcdonalds-report-16836493. I can't see any of abc's videos... including one of new mexico dog poisoining caugt on tape. (I don't really want to see that, it is just another example). Is it just called 'flashplayer'? If I google that, will I find it? Is it an app? I am new to the android world, so not really sure what you mean by flashplayer, but I will attempt to research. Lunatic59, I will also google moboplayer.

Upvote 0
Question729, it is the video stocks-begin-big-plunge-mcdonalds-report-16836493. I can't see any of abc's videos... including one of new mexico dog poisoining caugt on tape. (I don't really want to see that, it is just another example). Is it just called 'flashplayer'? If I google that, will I find it? Is it an app? I am new to the android world, so not really sure what you mean by flashplayer, but I will attempt to research. Lunatic59, I will also google moboplayer.
Wow!, I have this thing since christmas, not really using it because it didn't play videos and all I had to do was download a flashplayer? I found the Adope flashplayer 11. Actually, I didn't have to download it because when I went to the google store, it was already downloaded. But it was waiting for me to initiate an update. I dont know what the update was about but after that, the videos played. I can now see all those videos that I posted as examples. But as I stated earlier, when surfing the net, 90% of the time, videos wouldn't play. Thanks for your help!!!!

Upvote 0
Wow!, I have this thing since christmas, not really using it because it didn't play videos and all I had to do was download a flashplayer? I found the Adope flashplayer 11. Actually, I didn't have to download it because when I went to the google store, it was already downloaded. But it was waiting for me to initiate an update. I dont know what the update was about but after that, the videos played. I can now see all those videos that I posted as examples. But as I stated earlier, when surfing the net, 90% of the time, videos wouldn't play. Thanks for your help!!!!

Glad it helped out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones