• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PLEASE HELP!! major droid problem

cdavis184

Lurker
Jul 20, 2011
I have the first droid, slide with a keyboard. I had it on the charger the other night playing music once i took it off the charger my phone shut off and hasn't turned on since and this was a week ago. When i take my battery out and put it back in my screen DOES turn on and has the motorola M off to the left center instead of the center. Yet, it doesn't go past this screen it just goes to a light up blank black screen. I tried doing the resets that I found online but i cant see my screen to see it it works. I just tried the camera button it took a picture and flashed and all, it viberates if i turn the volume up and down it makes the same sound lol it just wont show me my screen. I dont think that my screen could be broken because it shows me the Motorola symbol. WHAT CAN I DO?! can anybody please help me.

OK, I'm getting conflicting info - you said your phone won't turn on, but you can take pictures and such. So, I'm guessing that it is just the *screen* that has stopped working? As in you can take a pic then the OS must be booted, but you can't see anything on the phone at all after the motorola logo.

How long have you had it? If you just got it recently, I'd get it replaced pronto.

Upvote 0
Seems to me that if he's seeing a Motorola symbol, the screen's not necessarily fried.

Hold down the "x" key on the slide-out keyboard and then power it on. Let us know what, if anything, comes up on the screen after about 20 seconds. If you see an exclamation point, it's likely not rooted. If it's ClockworkMod Recovery or SP Recovery, then it likely is. Then we'll take it from there.

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
Thanks, Chief, that's exactly where I was going with it.

I'm leaning to it not being a screen problem so much as a light sensor problem. AFAIK, the light sensor doesn't come into play until the OS starts loading.

Or, it could be that the OS itslf is whacked, requiring an RSDLite reversion to a stock image....

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones