• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help me! Can't find Kindle folder!

x0x0zombie

Lurker
Oct 15, 2011
I just got the EVO 4g. Before I was using the Hero, and had no problems putting .mobi files in the Kindle app folder on my phone from my computer. I went to put some books on my EVO, and when I mounted my phone, the Kindle folder is nowhere to be found!

These are the folders it shows: .android_secure
.bookmark_thumb1
.footprintes
Android
burstlyImageCache
data
DCIM
LOST.DIR
media
millenialmedia
rosie_scroll
rssreader
WWF

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! I'm so frustrated right now! I just want to read some damn books! =(

Please help me! Thank you!

You installed the Kindle app and did register with your Kindle account on your EVO?
And purchased a Kindle book and downloded it on your EVO? Then 'kindle' folder should on your phone's SD card.
But if you didn't purchased a Kindle book you can create for yourself a folder 'kindle' on the root of the SD card and then import your .mobi eBook without problems :)

Harry

Reactions: x0x0zombie
Upvote 0
Oh my gosh!!! Thank you times a million!!!

I had "purchased" a free book from the kindle app itself, thinking if I had a book in there it would show the folder, but it wasn't. I created a folder and named it kindle (there definitely WASN'T one before), transferred my .mobi ebooks from my pc to my phone, and success! It loaded them up!!!

You're a life saver! I spent HOURS trying to figure this out! Seriously, THANK YOU! <3

Upvote 0
I just got the EVO 4g. Before I was using the Hero, and had no problems putting .mobi files in the Kindle app folder on my phone from my computer. I went to put some books on my EVO, and when I mounted my phone, the Kindle folder is nowhere to be found!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! I'm so frustrated right now! I just want to read some damn books! =(

Please help me! Thank you!

After you install the kindle app on a device, the data is stored in cache memory (similar to RAM in a PC) until you power the device down. During the power-down process, the cached memory is written to the permanent storage. Once you power it back up, you should be able to find the folder. In my device, the folder location is as follows:
/Internal Storage/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/

Upvote 0
Glad you got help with this. I had a similar experience.
My Nexus was my 1st phone to not have an sd card and when I plugged in the phone I could not find the kindle directory at all.
I panicked for a bit because as much as I luv the phone the Kindle app is a big deal to me. lol
Just an FYI Amazon does have a really cool add on for computers that makes adding books not purchased via amazon,books changed from epub to .mobi via calibre etc super easy now.
Here's the link
Amazon.com: Send to Kindle

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones