Please help me! Can't find Kindle folder!

Last Updated:

1. x0x0zombie

x0x0zombie New Member

I just got the EVO 4g. Before I was using the Hero, and had no problems putting .mobi files in the Kindle app folder on my phone from my computer. I went to put some books on my EVO, and when I mounted my phone, the Kindle folder is nowhere to be found!

These are the folders it shows: .android_secure
    .bookmark_thumb1
    .footprintes
    Android
    burstlyImageCache
    data
    DCIM
    LOST.DIR
    media
    millenialmedia
    rosie_scroll
    rssreader
    WWF

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! I'm so frustrated right now! I just want to read some damn books! =(

Please help me! Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

You are looking in the wrong place.
    /mnt/sdcard/kindle
  3. x0x0zombie

x0x0zombie New Member

Thank you for replying to my post.

Not trying to sound dumb, but I'm not finding that anywhere.

Let's pretend I'm an idiot and you walk me through the whole process? :-D please.

I don't understand why it's different on my EVO than it was on my Hero.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You installed the Kindle app and did register with your Kindle account on your EVO?
    And purchased a Kindle book and downloded it on your EVO? Then 'kindle' folder should on your phone's SD card.
    But if you didn't purchased a Kindle book you can create for yourself a folder 'kindle' on the root of the SD card and then import your .mobi eBook without problems :)

Harry
    x0x0zombie likes this.
  5. x0x0zombie

x0x0zombie New Member

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you times a million!!!

I had "purchased" a free book from the kindle app itself, thinking if I had a book in there it would show the folder, but it wasn't. I created a folder and named it kindle (there definitely WASN'T one before), transferred my .mobi ebooks from my pc to my phone, and success! It loaded them up!!!

You're a life saver! I spent HOURS trying to figure this out! Seriously, THANK YOU! <3
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You're welcome :)

Harry
  7. teancum144

teancum144 Member

After you install the kindle app on a device, the data is stored in cache memory (similar to RAM in a PC) until you power the device down. During the power-down process, the cached memory is written to the permanent storage. Once you power it back up, you should be able to find the folder. In my device, the folder location is as follows:
    /Internal Storage/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/
  8. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

Glad you got help with this. I had a similar experience.
    My Nexus was my 1st phone to not have an sd card and when I plugged in the phone I could not find the kindle directory at all.
    I panicked for a bit because as much as I luv the phone the Kindle app is a big deal to me. lol
    Just an FYI Amazon does have a really cool add on for computers that makes adding books not purchased via amazon,books changed from epub to .mobi via calibre etc super easy now.
    Here's the link
    Amazon.com: Send to Kindle